Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well. i'm at home today, sick with the flu. so i've been getting caught up on stuff. cleaned the garage, now i feel like crap again.

anyway. i'm going to purchase these. after the jeep gets back home and i can take some measurements for length.

i'm going to put them on the front and rear of my commander.

i'm looking for some extended brake lines as well.

·
Registered
735 Posts
how much are they running and do you think they will fit? i really hope so i would like to get a set of them:D

·
Registered
735 Posts
but they are the right size and will fit?

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'm not sure yet

i called up a bunch brake line companies. no one knew anything about the brake lines.

so i called up superlift, they will sell just the relocation brackets for the rear for about $25. so i ordered those. atleast i won't have to bleed the brakes.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay orded the brake line brackets, they were $30 shipped, i'll post part numbers for superlift when they show up.

·
Registered
735 Posts
i hope they will work i will really love to have the disconnects. :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
4.7commander said:
okay orded the brake line brackets, they were $30 shipped, i'll post part numbers for superlift when they show up.
I will save anyone from waiting, PN#'s are: 55-105-5150 (pass side) and 55-107-5150 (driver side). You will also need 4 each: 1/4 x 3/4" bolt, 1/4" SAE washers, and 1/4" nylock nuts.
Can't wait to see how those disconnects come out.
-Hemi

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Any update on this project?

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'd be interested as well - was going to go the JKS route, but would rather support Ross - income tax time is a good time for me!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found this today: http://www.4xguard.com/Company/Big Red.html

"Prototype Sway bar Disconnect by JKS Manufacturing
Without a doubt the most frequent request for a new product is for a sway bar disconnect. First of all we have found that disconnecting does make a difference ...a HUGH difference...in hardcore four wheeling. That said the WK/XK platform does not adapt well to a typical sway bar disconnect since the sway bar is very stiff and the weight of the vehicle places an unusually high amount of stress to this component. Also the unibody construction causes any play in front suspension components (like a disconnect) to be transferred to the passenger compartment. We have tried several prototype versions and thus far the one by JKS is the only one that is relatively close to what we seek. We are continuing to work on development of the "perfect" unit."

Hmm, what do You think about this?

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I found this today: http://www.4xguard.com/Company/Big Red.html

"Prototype Sway bar Disconnect by JKS Manufacturing
Without a doubt the most frequent request for a new product is for a sway bar disconnect. First of all we have found that disconnecting does make a difference ...a HUGH difference...in hardcore four wheeling. That said the WK/XK platform does not adapt well to a typical sway bar disconnect since the sway bar is very stiff and the weight of the vehicle places an unusually high amount of stress to this component. Also the unibody construction causes any play in front suspension components (like a disconnect) to be transferred to the passenger compartment. We have tried several prototype versions and thus far the one by JKS is the only one that is relatively close to what we seek. We are continuing to work on development of the "perfect" unit."

Hmm, what do You think about this?
I think that he's working on it like he says, he's a good businessman. As for the sway bar, the sentence dealing with the wieght of the XK I think says a lot about why we experience sway bar bushing failures so quickly in our trucks and why I want to switch to poly bushings ASAP.

I think its going to be hard to develop a "perfect" kit due to the design of the XK/WK platform since it was primarily designed to be people-mover/mall crawler with towing and some off-road capability for 95% of the buyers out there, hence the IFS.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hmm that´s interesting. Poly bushing ASAP? :icon_confused: In Germany I have never heard of problems like sway bar bushing failures. Can it be, that hard and often rockcrawling make this problem?
Have the FJ Cruiser the same problem? I have seen vids from FJs with disconnect front sways offroad.

But at this moment I search only for rear disconnects.:bowdown:

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have no problems at all with my JKS rear sway bar disconnects. Im not sure what they are refering to.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts