Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am a brand new member as of today. This is probably in a forum here already so don't shoot me for asking but... I have a 2007 with dark khaki dash bezel and no nav. I am installing a Clarion NX700 NAV head unit, is there a way to modify the current dash bezel to accept my aftermarket unit or should I purchase another dash bezel and a double DIN install kit? Do I need a canbus interface? I have also purchased Infinity Kappa 3.5" for the dash, Kappa 6x9" for the front doors and Kappa 6.5" for the rear doors. Also 3 12" Kappa subs, with amps and an electronic crossover.

·
Registered
25 Posts
You can cut the Original dash if you feel inclined, though it's depending on your level of comfort custom fab'ing. Personally, I found it easier to get a new NAV dash and just do the swap out. This way if I ever sell the jeep i can put the original radio back in.

I have the Clarion NX501, and it's really great ( excluding the SIRIUS module loses itself once in a blue ); assume the 700 is better/newer/faster !

And you need the can bus adapter - depends on the current unit in the Jeep

http://www.pac-audio.com/productSearch.aspx?Make=Jeep&MakeId=16&Model=Commander&ModelId=1362&Year=2007&YearId=18

1 - 3 of 3 Posts