Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I don't know if this has been brought up or not but can anyone tell me what is the change intervals for synthetic oil I dought it's 3000 miles. Shouldn't it last longer because it's synthetic. Any feed back will be appreciated.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
When Mobil 1 first came out, Mobil said it would last 100,000 miles but they had a hard time convincing people of that. I change my oil every 5,000 miles (non-synthetic Penzoil), so I would think you would be safe at 7,000 - 10,000. Just an FYI. :eek:rangehat:

·
Registered
809 Posts
I use Mobile1, but I'm OCD and still set the reminder for 4.000 miles, to actually change it about every 4.500.

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown change your oil. That's my motto.

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts
I use Mobile1, but I'm OCD and still set the reminder for 4.000 miles, to actually change it about every 4.500.

If it's yellow let it mellow, if it's brown change your oil. That's my motto.
Color has nothing to do with the oil needing changing.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I use Amsoil 0W20 and they recommend 1 year or 25,000 miles when used with there Ea filters. Been using there products for 15 years and will use nothing else.

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
My smart uses Mobil 1 and the recommended oil change is every 10,000 miles.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Do the research it's been proven and they stand by it 100%. Like I said been using it for a very long time and I too was skeptical. I only change the oil in all my vehicles in the spring,(to cold in Mi. during winter).

·
Premium Member
12,563 Posts
I drive my Commander less than 3,000 per year, should I still change the oil once a year?

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
oil should be changed anually regardless of mileage,(oxidation number one degrader of oil). BTW im new to this and I must say it's LOADED with useful info. I love it! Thanks to all who have experienced the good the bad and the ugly!!

·
Registered
809 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Wow guys tanx alot for your input I just got quakerstate 5w30 fully synthetic I guess I can safely wait 7 to 8k miles. Has anyone used this product before. Dies it matter what I get. As long as its fully synthetic.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I drive my Commander less than 3,000 per year, should I still change the oil once a year?
Don't think you need to if you drive it less than 3000 I always wait to get the 3000 miles not the 3 moths I think that's a dumb rule what if you only drive 100 miles. Any ways to your question I would say not if you don't drive it at least 3000 miles.:stickpoke:

·
Super Moderator
14,959 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I didnt notice an increase in MPG but im lifted with heavy tires (MT/R's with kevlar)

1 - 20 of 61 Posts