Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seen on a spring brochure at the dealer's this afternoon. Not yet in their catalog. They're searching. Has anybody got 'em and are they difficult to install?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Follow up. The parts guy at my dealer is telling me that the MOPAR folks say there's no such guard for the Commander.

Then why is it shown in one of their brochures: Jeep Commander 2006 Accessories, page 2?? The catalog number is #00PM4391. It may be part of the Off-Road Package but the other pieces are available separately, why not the guards? :( :confused:

·
Registered
137 Posts
My Jeep Commander 2006 Accessories book also shows them on page 2 and states "Available 4th Quarter, 2005". I have not checked with a stealer to see if they are in stock.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I went through eBay with an east coast dealer and with Buy-it-now "purchased" Manik Guards. Just this evening the transaction had to be cancelled since the seller notified me the things aren't available. I received the refund through PayPal. I used eBay since a local dealer wanted to charge about $70 more.

Anybody have any later information on the Mopar units??

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gooday,
Was in Manhatten Jeep a couple of weeks ago & they had a pair of chrome ones on a Commander in the showroom. Went to their Parts Dept down the road & they gave me a price of $159-00 US for the pair. Was going to bring a pair back to Oz with me for our's but decided to give it a miss at the price!!!!!!.
cheers, ozcommander.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Can you get us a Mopar part No. for the showroom guards you saw?

$150+ is probably a good price.
Off their web site, I found a local Manik dealer who quoted a price of $180 + tax.
I went through eBay for Maniks at about $120 but the seller didn't have them on hand and gave up trying to get them from the company in a timely manner.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
S'far as I know, Manik has nothing to do with Mopar & v.v. A check on the Manik web site will give you their part No.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Gooday,
Can't give you a part No but if you give Lou Cignarella at Manhatten Jeep Parts, a call on (212) 765-6634 he will be able to give you a price & part No. Tell him the Old Bloke from Aussie who he got the roof rails & cargo mat for to take back told you to phone him. I am now back home 2 weeks but they were so helpful to deal with.
Let's know how you go. Failing that give Deborah Logan a call on (212)765-6633Xtn 306, she has been selling there for 25 years & she is the person I first spoke to about them when I saw them on a lovely Red Commander in the showroom.
Cheers,
Ozcommander.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
[Yet another follow up.] Spoke to Lou in NY this morning (in the Pacific NW), Mopar still does not make guards for the Commander. Those on the vehicle were just aftermarket products to dress up one in their showroom. So we're all still waiting, methinks.

·
Banned
1,406 Posts
Originally, there were to be either chrome or black. Mine are black powder coated aluminun, bought at the dealer (139.00). As far as I know, the chrome was never available, or so the accessories manager informed me at the dealer.

·
Registered
456 Posts
I have the Mopar # 82209478ac as well as many others in the forum. Look nicer than other brands and easy to install. I also lightly tinted my tails so it looks pretty cool. will post pics when it stops raining/snowing in WI.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts