Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have no tail lights on the rear passenger. Turn signal works, brake light works. I installed new bulbs, no luck, checked fuses, all ok.

Could the relay be bad even though the brake and turns signals still work?

Any ideas?

2006 5.7 Commander

·
Registered
696 Posts
Speaking of which my front passenger side parking light doesnt work but the turn signal works. Replaced bulbs and still doesnt work. Took a closer look at it and moisture got into the socket causing a little corrosion. Any way to clean it without getting electocuted? Sorry this doesnt help you on your taillight unless your sockets are corroded too.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Any way to clean it without getting electocuted?
Dont clean it while you have the lights on. If they are off, there isnt any power to the socket. Also its only 12v so Im sure you dont have much to worry about.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Thats only a little more then the 9V I used to stick on my tongue as a kid!

·
2,248 Posts
The best way to troubleshoot lights is to use a test light with a pointed probe. You attach the end of the wire with an alligator clip to a good ground and pierce the wire going to the light. Then you will know if you are getting power to the socket. If you get a light then the problem is after the point you checked, either the socket or the bulb. There is a detailed write up on the forum on how to use a test light somewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts