Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace a cracked tail light. It took me longer to post this than the actual procedure. It takes a few minutes to complete.
Open the tail gate and locate the two pins on the light.

Remove and set aside, you will reuse them.

The light should be gently pulled toward the rear of the Jeep.(You may need to insert a flat driver on the side of the jeep and pry.)

Do not pull the light completely away from the jeep. Look for a blue wire clip at the bottom of the tail light and remove. Disconnect the wiring harness.

Reverse procedure for reinstall.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Re: Tail light replacement with pics

Thanks for the info, I'm sure I will need it sooner or later...it's my wife's truck!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Thanks everyone. I will post pics of future mods and repairs.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Thank you for your excellent presentation and details. This is a superb example of providing clear and concise instructions for even a novice. It shows that your heart is genuinely interested in helping others with the subject. You set a fine example of how each of us can help and benefit from this forum.

Rick

·
Registered
5 Posts
Taillight / Brakelight buklb replacement

Hi to all!

Yesterday my right brake light blew off. Can someone please tell me how can I replace this bulb...I cannot figure out how to access this bulb :confused:

Thanks in advance!

~n0nsense

·
Registered
59 Posts
This will help us for a Back-up Cam Install

Thanks for the great PICS....This will help all of us when we decide to install an after market back up cam....Since we need Reverse Light 12vdc to trigger most headunits to auto switch to the camera......Thanks.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Thanks

Yanser - Thanks a million for this post! :D

I had to replace a tail light! It was easy enough to get the two clips but I could not get the housing to come loose. After a few tugs and then 5 minutes thumbing through the manual I logged into the forum and pulled your instructions! Great Job! :D

Next Step: I will be replacing all with LEDs - once I finish my research on the best to buy!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts