Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a chance to tint my taillights this weekend. I know they have aftermarket ones slightly darker than oem, but figured I just tint the ones I already had on the XK since they’re in pretty good condition and don’t need more parts stashed away never to see daylight again lol. Also, I’ve seen the aftermarket ones and I wanted to go little darker as well as black out the top corner where the reverse lights are, I hate that little curve in the reflector. So here’s what they look like.

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Tire Automotive side marker light Vehicle

Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Car
Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread Bumper

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Automotive side marker light Car

Reactions: Sadiq

·
Super Moderator
2006 Commander Limited, 5.7 Hemi QD2
1,785 Posts
Nice job. Not my style but to each their own as they say. Hope they are street legal?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice job. Not my style but to each their own as they say. Hope they are street legal?
They look lighter in the sun, and I go dark but not fully black and leave little red. I also don’t tint the reverse lights.
Plus I think the laws on tinted/smoked out taillights have eased up a lot, at least here in California. A lot of new cars/manufacturers even have stock lights that are all blacked out already minus the reverse light. I do handful of these a week at my shop and no one has come back yet to say they got a ticket. But if they did I can remove them. I did full blackout on my son’s pathfinder about a year ago, even tinted the ambers on front headlights and still no tickets or even pulled over (knock on wood lol).
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car Automotive tail & brake light

Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Vehicle registration plate Vehicle Tire

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
Dallas TX
354 Posts
what did you use? I was trying to use VHT nite shades on another project and found it too finicky for my patience

1 - 4 of 4 Posts