Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I want take the jeep to the Drive-in of course ill let the family tag along. anyhow I want to use the backwards park with the tailgate open, How do I keep the radio playing for hours while the key is off and the dome lights off with the hatch open

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
In the personal settings in the EVIC menu you can change the time that the radio will continue to play after turning the ignition off, but the max you can set it too is 10 minutes.

You can always leave the key turned to accessory, and then turn the instrument light level control knob to the farthest position low (the knob on the end of the turn signal stalk that also controls the headlamps), which actually turns the interior lights off. Of course this on my 2010 Commander, the interior light control might NOT be the same on earlier Commander's. My 2002 Dodge Caravan had the same ability to turn all the interior lights off, even when doors are open, by turning the instrument light level to the lowest position possible until it clicks and that turns all interior lights off, including the dome lights for doors being open.

One last one, and I don't think it will work, the doors often have a push switch in jamb to switch the lights on/off when open/closed. In the past when I wanted to keep the door open while I worked on my vehicle and play the radio without listening to that god awful constant chime or run the battery dead with the overhead lamp, I just took a screw driver and in 10 seconds I pulled the switch out and it opened the circuit and made the car think the door was closed. BUT, I think the doors and rear hatch on the Commander work on something different than a switch in the door jamb now, take a look.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts