Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the way home from the boys' ball practice tonight, I decided to take a scenic old railroad bed in Pulaski, PA...

My son gives a thumb's up!

My daughter and son enjoying the ride...

My other son thinks he was going to drive while I took the picture.. I don't think so!!

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Great family outing.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Think I am gonna have to take some on the way to work pics... I swear it looks like a trail ride some days. Other days it looks like the path steelbluexk took... all I know is I am getting good use out of my wash card.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know.. I now find myself looking for different places to take the XK... and am finding some really cool places that I never knew existed.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Fohn_Jargo said:
I love going off the beaten path.

Now I need to go drive through the woods!
So do I, that's why I bought the XK.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Oh I forgot to say Great detour with the kids! My kids always loved the trail rides I used to do with them when I had more time. I am determined to get the XK trailing this summer once new shoes and lift is financed by the boss (aka wife).

Oh and love your jeep color and build :D

·
Registered
473 Posts
hey, you're not too far from me. i'm in ellwood city. only about 15 miles from ya. i know joe morris fairly well, he's the old police chief in pulaski.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Small world! We've lived in New Bedford/Pulaski Twp. for 10 Years now; my wife and I run the Italian Takeout pizza shop on 422 West, just before the Ohio state line... I grew up in Shenango twp., just off the Ellwood Rd., so yeah, we're not to far from each other...

I don't know Joe Morris, but Jim Morris is the chief now, any relation? We know the Northwest cops pretty well, with having a business and all....

We should plan an outing sometime... I see you have the same Jeep as me, so nothing too major!

·
Registered
473 Posts
my mistake. it is jim morris. i haven't seen him in about 3 or 4 years.
my cousin teaches at shenango h.s. i do some work for allan nocera, the former chief in shenango. and my grandmother lives on ellwood road.
i live just past ewing park coming down 65 into ellwood.

sad to say but we don't use our jeep as a jeep. my wife uses it as her everyday transportation. she'd kill me if i tried to go off-road with it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
AKFossil Think I am gonna have to take some on the way to work pics... I swear it looks like a trail ride some days. Other days it looks like the path steelbluexk took... all I know is I am getting good use out of my wash card.
Where in ak are you located? I'm down here at Fort Richardson and from the name I'm guessing you're in ak too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
topcop38 said:
my mistake. it is jim morris. i haven't seen him in about 3 or 4 years.
my cousin teaches at shenango h.s. i do some work for allan nocera, the former chief in shenango. and my grandmother lives on ellwood road.
i live just past ewing park coming down 65 into ellwood.

sad to say but we don't use our jeep as a jeep. my wife uses it as her everyday transportation. she'd kill me if i tried to go off-road with it.
I just posted something similar earlier this morning in another thread where a guy's wife won't let him take it off road. While the photos I posted are about the extent of my "offroading", I still like to get it dirty once in a while... I too use mine for more taxiing than anything. Working in Austintown, and living 10 miles from Wilmington School, most of my driving is commuting and taking kids to and from activities.

I may have had your cousin as a teacher when I went to school there... I know of Allen as well...

·
Registered
473 Posts
he has only been teaching there for about 5 or 6 years so i doubt it. he is 37 but him and his brother both graduated from there in '89 and i think '91.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
cano88 said:
Where in ak are you located? I'm down here at Fort Richardson and from the name I'm guessing you're in ak too.
Really... I work out on Ft Richardson back behind Malamute Drop Zone and live in Anchorage. Are you the guy who was eying my XK the other week:D

·
Registered
100 Posts
originally posted by AKFossil
Really... I work out on Ft Richardson back behind Malamute Drop Zone and live in Anchorage. Are you the guy who was eying my XK the other week
Sorry that wasn't me but I'll keep a look out for you. What color is your commander?..looks black in your avatar. I drive a black one with a pitbull decal on the back. I just put on the BFG km2's and 1.25 spacers so it should stand out a little from the other ones running around :D

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
cano88 said:
What color is your commander?..looks black in your avatar.
It says Steel Blue in his signature.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
cano88 said:
Sorry that wasn't me but I'll keep a look out for you. What color is your commander?..looks black in your avatar. I drive a black one with a pitbull decal on the back. I just put on the BFG km2's and 1.25 spacers so it should stand out a little from the other ones running around :D
Nice... Mine should stick out it has a dual exhaust tip on the back with a silver Eagle, "Aerodynamics are Overrated", and Vet Sticker on back window.

Like jeep said its steel blue. If it warms up take your XK back through the MK 19 range and then out to the MPTR Range (new range unmarked) and drive the road around it. It was a blast in my buds liberty.:D But careful I got a flat out there that took my tire out and now has to be replaced so I am holding off for a new set of ATs.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts