Chrome grabby handles installed.

And one of the front, just cuz....

See less See more
#2 ·
Looks good!

#3 ·
damn....theez bitches is beautiful!

#4 ·
Chrome always adds a classy look. Looks nice.

#5 ·
looks good morgan....thanks for updated photo's....

#6 ·
Now those are not standard eqip. on the 08 Limited...correct?!? (part of the appearance package, I think) Damn, I guess I'm going to have to do that mod as well. Those look really nice and practical if you are putting anything on the roof rack I'm sure.

Thanks for the pics!

Cheers,
O'C

#7 ·
Like to look too, glad my 06 came with them.

#10 ·
#11 ·
a49erFootballFan said:
Dang John, you need to get some new pictures. :D Maybe one of my hemi beating yours across the finish line this Saturday...LOL:p

Mine also came with the chrome package. Normally I would think it would look like too much on a Jeep, but the color you have makes all the difference...Chrome on Black is certainly the best though.

#12 ·
AJGuy84 said:
Dang John, you need to get some new pictures. :D Maybe one of my hemi beating yours across the finish line this Saturday...LOL:p
I haven't taken any since adding the skid plates or supper sliders.

I will give you a run for your money, but I bet my XK weights in at 1,000 lbs more than yours with all the extras added.

#13 ·
Just leave your rack at home. Do you really think it's that much more? That's kind of a lot. What else do you have on there? You also have some performance mods I don't. CAI, Jet Chip, and exhaust for starters.

#14 ·
I took the rack off Tuesday so that I can get it into the parking garage at work.

I have added the skid plate package, the 4XGuard belly plate (front one not installed yet), super slidders, lift, and dress items so I guess 1,000 might be high.

#17 ·
tlenzi said:
Could you give us a step by step on how to remove the existing trim and install the handle assemblies?
Here you go. These are coutesy of YB Normyl.

08-17-2007, 12:29 AM
http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/member.php?u=1200YB Normyl

Grab Handles
Grab Handles. This has got to be one of the easiest mods I've done
Remove 2 plastic push fasteners and pull away the trim piece enough to pry the 4 whitish fasteners in behind

Place the rivet nut in the hex hole, I used a wrench to hold the tool part and a power driver to spin the bolt and compress the rivet nut

Trim goes back basically the way you took it off but now with 2 bolts and 2 whitish plastic fasteners. Line up the top end cap over the roof rail, position the clip and fastener then smack it in, the lower one is pretty much the same

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.