Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
You would get rubbing with no lift. They would work alright with a 2" lift. They're about 31.8" tall which is very slightly larger in diameter than a 265/70/17 (31.5"). Guys running the 265 with a 2 or 2.25" lift get a little rubbing. Because the 235 is thinner, it wouldn't be as noticable. I don't think they'll work real well without some sort of lift, however.

With a 235, you may be able to get away without using spacers. 265's are very close to the upper balljoint bolt when mounted on factory wheels, so most guys run the spacers for a little more clearance.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I think it would be close since your actually adding about an inch or less of tire. I realize the tire is almost two inches taller but an inch taller on the sidewall. Also I really think that when guys are putting spacers on its pushing the tires out more making it harder to clear the inside plastic fender well. With a 235 it will be a hair less in width. Im not saying there will be no rubbing but i bet it would be a very small amount if any.

Do a test quick. Go out to your commander and turn the wheel so the outside part of the tire is in line with the plastic inner fender well. Take a ruler and measure the distance the tire is away. If the distance is any bigger then 1 inch you will be set.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts