1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Wow.... $150 for just the mounting bracket? Then another $175 for the tcase steel skid? So for $325 you're ONLY getting the t-case skid.....

For the same price I got the front suspension skid ($48), tcase skid ($48) and fuel tank skid ($180)... rest was shipping... and have a lot more protection.

Taking down the tank is really not that hard. DEFINITELY not worth spending all that money to avoid it and not even get the stronger fuel tank skid. Why spend all that money to protect the tcase but leave the thin fuel tank skid to get damaged?

Grab a 6 pack of beer, some basic hand tools, a floor jack and man up & get to work, install the fuel tank skid and feel good about wrenching on your vehicle IMO.

..... OR if you physically can't, you can pay the dealer to install it and still spend less than that $325 tcase skid.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just a reminder that the Tcase will accept the Mopar Tcase skid plate without any modifications you do not have to buy theirs. When I'm done with my installation I will take pictures.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Ah, I see that now. Still, for $150 you might as well upgrade the tank skid.... Its really not hard (as long as the tank isn't full).

It would be nice if that sagauro plate actually extended further back to make it an actual fuel tank skid.... then it'd be $150 well spent.

Just my opinion.... I dont see the point in protecting the tcase and not the fuel tank. If the bracket was cheaper so you'd basically be holding off on the fuel tank skid until you can afford it, then alright.... but the bracket is almost the same price as the upgraded fuel tank skid.... I just don't see the point..... other than people being afraid to drop the tank (its only a few bolts and a piece of cake if you get a friend to help).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts