Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I'm new to this forum I have been reading this forum for about 6 months and finally decided to join. I have a question for all of you who have lifted your Commanders. If you all don't mind can you tell me if this lift kit is good? if a 2.5" lift will be noticeable? is it a big difference? and what else can I buy at a economical price to increase my lift. Tank you all, I hope to hear from some of you.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/CARBON-STEEL-LIFT-KIT-FRONT-2-5-REAR-2-5-COIL-SPACERS-/400399007799?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year:2006|Make:Jeep|Model:Commander&hash=item5d39a40037&vxp=mtr

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sup, I am in the same boat. i want to go as high as possible before starting to add any unneccessary stress to the existing suspension parts. I hope to hear what other experianced forum members have to say. =) i am dying to get it lifted but as they say "haste makes waste"

·
Registered
405 Posts
Let me know if one of you guys buys this lift, it looks just like the rough country lift except this one claims to give 2.5inches. I wonder if it levels out the jeep hopefully someone tryes it out soon.

·
Registered
243 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
You won't get 3.5 inches of lift out of those strut forks.

Just do it right the first time and get the old man emu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I bought the Tech Custom 2.5 front and rear lift, its getting installed at this moment.
I will post the results later. Hope it comes out good!

·
Registered
405 Posts
I bought the Tech Custom 2.5 front and rear lift, its getting installed at this moment.
I will post the results later. Hope it comes out good!
I can't wait to see your results, let me know if it leveled the jeep and also if you took before and after height measurements so I can know what they are. :smiley18:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Cool man, I hope you like it. I am new to this forum too and looking into a lift. I am looking at the Old Man Emu kit right now but can't wait to see what yours looks like.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Cool man, I hope you like it. I am new to this forum too and looking into a lift. I am looking at the Old Man Emu kit right now but can't wait to see what yours looks like.
OME is the way to go, you won't have to worry about upgrading later.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts