Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New Jeep Commander Limited with less that 200 miles on it. I noticed the temp gauge hovering around the middle of the gauge today driving through town, which seemed a bit high in my opinion since it was only 70ish outside, and I'm not towing anything. The gauge receeded a bit after driving for a while without stopping.

I don't have a frame of reference on this so I was wondering what anyone elses opinion on this might be. Running hot? or normal?

Thanks in advance!

Mikk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Congratulations on yur new Commander. Mine has 2000 miles on it. That seems normal. In my opinion. That is what my hemi limited does...

·
Registered
269 Posts
I also have a HEMI and mine stays somewhere in the middle. I guess that's normal for the HEMI.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Just another two cents, my temp gauge reads right at or below the halfway mark regardless of whats going on around it. I just got back from a trip from Denver to LA then to the Grand Canyon and back through the back roads of Colorado and the gauge was never above the half. We took I-70 up the mountains (with 2 adults, 5 kids and a bunch of luggage) and then around Baker, CA the outside temp was 124F. The gauge was always at half. I loved it. What I didn't love was how fast the gas disappeared when the temp was high.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts