Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's Do Something About The Temperature Readings!

Don't know about anyone else, but it really pisses me off that I paid $34,000 for a new car and that the damn temperature is always about 10 degrees off. If it was 2 or 3 degrees off that would fine, but mine is almost always 10 degrees to high. I get a more accurate reading by sticking my hand out the window. Therefore I am asking that EVERY MEMBER of this forum please write, email, or phone Jeep to complain and ask that they fix this. Don't get me wrong, I love my commander and am generally not a complainer, but i like to get what I paid for. PLease help. Also if you do contact jeep please post a thread that contains a number only. Since I am first I will post a 1. THe next person will post a 2. This way we will have a running count of everyone who has complained. Thanks.... Here is the link to the page with their number, address, and e-mail.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Re: Let's Do Something About The Temperature Readings!

No problem with my outside temperature reading. Everytime I check it with a spot that posts the temperature, my reading is within 2 degrees of the outside report.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It seems like my outside temperature reading is stuck at 24 degrees in the information display, is there a way to reset this at all?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Outside Temp reading

Anybody having issues with the outside temperature reading being accurate? The other day mine stayed on 55 degrees for the entire time I was driving the Commander (it was actually closer to 72 outside). Yesterday it registered 72 at noon, when it was really closer to 85. Then today, it seemed to be working OK.

I searched for previous posts first, and didn't see anything related to this. Is mine just the freakazoid of the bunch? Should I invest in tiny suction cup thermometer for my windshield? <that would have to be an industrial-strength mercury tube!>

Mine's an '08, so as long as I can figure out which local dealers are still in business, it should be under warranty. Just wondered if anyone has had similar experiences. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
14,966 Posts
Links removed as they now link to this thread, Thanks Jeep5253 for identifing them.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
i just got my jeep saturday, now, on monday, it was almost 100 degrees out, but it never went over 66, i turned the car on, it was at 66, got home 30 miles later, at 66. later in the day it showed 90, but it was much hotter than 90, it seems to not be accurate at all, almost random some times

·
Registered
21 Posts
Inaccurate reading here as well. May need the TSB flash or just adjust sensor.
Curious about how the dealer adjusted sensor, where did the move/positon yours?

·
Registered
398 Posts
When the software is reflashed (or new in some cases) it takes a while to readjust. Once you get some miles under you it should be fine. Also having the TSB helps. Mine was always under or over reporting until I had the TSB done.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Sorry for reviving an old thread but I'm also currently experiencing what seems to be a temperature reading that "sticks", it just started doing this. It seems that suddenly it "unsticks" whenever it feels like it. Should I maybe do a reset by disconnecting the negative or is there a loose connector on the sensor?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've had this issue in both my 2006 and then in my 2008 Commander. The dealer fixed the 2006's issue (I showed them a printout of the TSB). For the 2008, I haven't worried about it much. After I drive about 10 minutes or so the temperature display updates itself. I normally drive with the tire pressure screen showing, so it just hasn't been something on my mind when I've gone in for service.

·
Registered
954 Posts
I've had this issue in both my 2006 and then in my 2008 Commander. The dealer fixed the 2006's issue (I showed them a printout of the TSB). For the 2008, I haven't worried about it much. After I drive about 10 minutes or so the temperature display updates itself. I normally drive with the tire pressure screen showing, so it just hasn't been something on my mind when I've gone in for service.
I believe the TSB is for false readings on the temperature isn't it? Mine is just getting stuck at a certain reading and it's a little annoying because for example, yesterday in Chicago it was about 92 degrees and my XK was indicating a temperature of 79 degrees, I wish my Jeep would've been the correct reading lol. It does eventually update itself but it does get a little annoying. I'll reset when I finally get a chance to see if that clears it up.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts