Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone want to make a run down Matagorda Beach or PINS (Padre Island National Seashore)? Dolly had PINS closed when we went last week, but either are nice to drive if you have 4wd. 2wd is not a option, the sand is far too soft. There are not any major risks if you pay attention to what you are doing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I am in Houston and might like to do a run on the beach somewhere. Have not been to South Padre Island in years and never to Matagorda Beach.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm off for a few more weeks, so pick a day. We'll look like twins running down the beach.

·
Registered
167 Posts
you guys still around? How about a TEXAS M&G and a trail ride?

Anything around the middle of the state......................Austin / San Antonio?

·
Registered
232 Posts
I was just down to Port Aransas last weekend. Last Sunday I took about an 8 mile drive down the National Seashore. Lots of debris from Hurricane Ike on the beach washed down from the Galveston area. There were hot water heaters, refridgerators, staircases, building timbers/boards, and some furniture. Had be careful because some boards had nails in them. I have some pictures I'll post when I get a chance.

John

·
Registered
452 Posts
Count me out... LOL, my 4x2 will probably get stuck, and need you all to haul me out. I never had intentions of taking it off road. Wifey fell in love w/ its look and size, and I picked out the engine (of course, go HEMI). Probably I can join up for a riding experience :).

·
Registered
167 Posts
mines 2wd too......but I'm going to put a TRUE limited slip in it, lift it, and make it into a pre-runner (of sorts)

keep in touch and maybe you can eye what we're doing to get some affordable tricks and tips

·
Registered
577 Posts
Last time I was down at Mustang Island, I was in my wife's RWD BMW Z3 - now that was fun on the beach... but then it probably weighed half as much as the Commander I have now! Thankfully I have a Limited Hemi, so it shouldn't be a problem when we come back down!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I was just down to Port Aransas last weekend. Last Sunday I took about an 8 mile drive down the National Seashore. Lots of debris from Hurricane Ike on the beach washed down from the Galveston area. There were hot water heaters, refridgerators, staircases, building timbers/boards, and some furniture. Had be careful because some boards had nails in them. I have some pictures I'll post when I get a chance.

John
Wow... didn't realize the debris would be that far away from Galveston. Look forward to seeing the pics.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Here are some pictures from the National Seashore Park in Corpus Christi, Texas, that I put on the Photobucket site. Never used Photobucket before so don't know if the link will work, but here it is (hope it works): http://s445.photobucket.com/albums/qq171/jeadstx/

The photos really don't show the full extent of the debris washed up after hurricane Ike.

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I was on Matagorga Island @ Sunday Beach this weekend, lots of stuff washed up all along the beach.

How about a run around x-mas?

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
would yall be into having a COmmander Day in San Marcos..................a family outing.

Trail ride, lunch, then a river ride?

·
Registered
232 Posts
San Marcos would be good for me. I live only about 30 miles north of San Marcos.

John

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not a bad idea, but I don't know of any trails in the area.

Tubing down the river is a blast, but it involves quite a bit of beer. I'd rather leave the kids at home and enjoyt an adult day of boozing in the sun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts