Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to the Texas State Fair on Saturday, and lo and behold, on the Jeep stand was a silver 2008 (I don't recall it being a 2009) Jeep Commander Overland. Sat in it, very nice, I like the suede inserts in the seat... the new MyGig and the wood topped steering wheel.

I prefer how my dash looks tho, in the new one, the wood center console goes all the way up to the top of the dash. Mine, it stops level with the air vents. There is a little piece of silver trim on the cubby hole above the glove box.

All in all tho, very similar to my 06... just slight differences.

It was a 4x2 as well... and marked up at $44,995. (Gulp)!

It gave me a great opportunity (being as I bought mine used) to check out the front and rear bumpers, and the plastic molding on the sides of the Jeep at the bottom.

When I was washing mine, it all seemed so flimsy, you definitely can't step on the black side rails, and the bumpers seemed loose and floppy.

Well, on this brand new one on the show stand, it was exactly the same - so that put my mind at rest! Although, I think the bumpers really could do with some more substantial support in there... especially putting the faux 'metal plate' plastic piece on the rear bumper! :)

And yes, I sampled the Deep Fried Jelly Beans and the Chicken Fried Bacon that has been all over the news... at least here in Texas! :)

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
You know how this works -- no pics it didn't happen.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahahahaha!

I actually mentioned to my wife, before leaving my Jeep to go to the fair, that I needed to get the camera out of the Jeep and take it into the fair with me.

Well the way they get you parked at the fair, you can hardly get a '[email protected] paper' between the doors (a term we use in the UK for rolling tobacco paper), and I was too distracted by the large bird in a Murano on my left and the skinny asian bird on her phone to the right of me, watching out to make sure they didn't door ding my Jeep, that getting the camera didn't occur to me again till we were well inside the fair.

I know, I suck.

However there are sure to be more Texans on this site going to the fair in the coming weeks, so I am sure pics will occur!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
You know the deal.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i wonder how good the sales for that H3T will be since there closing all those factories?

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know... but it looks like a Silverado with a body kit to me... it didn't look right. And those wheels look like some chrome aftermarket hub caps... not impressed...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts