Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Jeep Commander Sport, 4X2
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First new member section post. Just a quick thank you for the opportunity to be q party of this forum. First joined looking for information on how to change front dash speakers in our '08 stock Jeep Commander, and what the correct size for those speakers was.

Thanks again!

·
Administrator
16,134 Posts
@Felipe V. Welcome to the forum! Thanks for making the new member post and creating a signature. Would you please add your engine to the signature? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just included the engine info: I saw, while reading a different thread, what items / vehicle information should be included in the signature. I think I have it better set now. Thanks again @jeep5253 !

Reactions: jeep5253

·
Administrator
7,103 Posts
First new member section post. Just a quick thank you for the opportunity to be q party of this forum. First joined looking for information on how to change front dash speakers in our '08 stock Jeep Commander, and what the correct size for those speakers was.

Thanks again!
@Felipe V.

Welcome to the forum;

The front dash speakers are 3.5 inch 2-way tweeters.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Bear in mind the stock speakers are a little bit special (low impedance). If you have a blown driver (buzzing for example), you probably just want to swap like for like.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bear in mind the stock speakers are a little bit special (low impedance). If you have a blown driver (buzzing for example), you probably just want to swap like for like.
We ended up swapping both front dash speakers - what a huge difference it made! it was a simple swap, I'm not mechanically / electrical minded but figured it out without having to take it in and be done by a speaker/radio/sound system company.

Hand tool Product Metalworking hand tool Tool Gas Automotive tire Camera lens Headgear Camera accessory Gas Bicycle tire Automotive tire Hood Bicycle handlebar Vehicle Hand Plant Gesture Finger Creative arts Hand Car Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting

Reactions: bblickle

·
Administrator
7,103 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts