Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally registering for an account. I've used the information on this site a lot in the past but never had a unique question until now.

I have a 2007 Jeep Commander with about 130k on it. We keep it fairly stock, but have added the larger roof rack & tow hitch. I just hope to keep it on the road for as long as possible.

Thanks! :smile2:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Finally registering for an account. I've used the information on this site a lot in the past but never had a unique question until now.

I have a 2007 Jeep Commander with about 130k on it. We keep it fairly stock, but have added the larger roof rack & tow hitch. I just hope to keep it on the road for as long as possible.

Thanks! :smile2:
@farmview ;

Thanks for finally registering and introducing yourself.

Please tell us a little more about your Commander.

What trim Package do you have?

Sport, Limited or Overland?

What Power-Train do you have?

Is it a 4x4 or 4x2?

If it's a 4x4 - which 4WD system do you have?

QT-I; QT-II or QD-II?

Color?

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Year: 2007
Color: White
Make: Jeep
Model: Commander
Engine: V8-4.7L F/inj SOHC Flex Fuel
Oil Type: 5W-20
Oil Capacity: 6 Quarts (w/ filter) - exact volume
Oil Filter: Fram PH16
Change Interval: 3,000 Miles

Not really sure on trim package I'll have to look that up. Also don't know the type of 4WD system, but I have been putting off that fact that it won't engage 4Low.

·
Banned
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worst problems I've experienced:
1. Heater core leak
2. Leaky passenger cabin
3. Someone stole my spare tire and tire lift assembly :frown2:

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Year: 2007
Color: White
Make: Jeep
Model: Commander
Engine: V8-4.7L F/inj SOHC Flex Fuel
Oil Type: 5W-20
Oil Capacity: 6 Quarts (w/ filter) - exact volume
Oil Filter: Fram PH16
Change Interval: 3,000 Miles

Not really sure on trim package I'll have to look that up. Also don't know the type of 4WD system, but I have been putting off that fact that it won't engage 4Low.
If you have a Chrome T-Handle to shift into 4-LOW you either have QT-II or QD-II.

Since you have the 4.7L V-8, I'm guessing you have QT-II.

If you have QD-II you will see small QuadraDrive II Badge by the Chrome T-Handle right above your cup-holders just like in this photo;

Also, if the trim running down the side of your door that says "Commander" is Black, then it's a Sport - if it's Chrome, you probably have a Limited.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
1. Heater core leak
2. Leaky passenger cabin
farmview;

First thing I would do if I was you;

Go to the website below and plug in your VIN to see if all the factory re-calls & campaigns have been completed:

Safety Recall Information | MOPAR

If there are any factory recalls or campaigns that have not been completed, get them completed before you attempt to do anything else.

They won't cost you anything but time.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
1. Heater core leak
2. Leaky passenger cabin
The Leaky passenger cabin could be a couple of things;

1) Clogged sunroof drains if you have a sunroof;

2) Bad door seals

3) Passenger door/doors out of alignment - doors being even slightly out of alignment can cause a leak.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
I have a chrome t-handle, but no quad drive logo. Looks like QT-II w/ Sport package.

Here it is pulling our homemade gravel grader.
Nice. That's definitely a Sport with QT-II - same as mine, only difference is mine is a 2008.

·
Super Moderator
5,763 Posts
Edit: Fixed the picture. Also don't know the type of 4WD system, but I have been putting off that fact that it won't engage 4-Low.
The P73 campaign notice I'm attaching to this post could very well be the reason that you can not shift down into 4-LOW.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts