1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
WoW looking good!

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
I know those cliffs, on Rt. 71 heading north.

Do they use that hill for off-road testing?

·
Registered
193 Posts
It sounds like you have 'The Klunk'. Are you treating it with pennicillin or have you got it checked out yet?

Cool area. So green. We don't have much like that out here, mostly just dirt...-mostly.(quote from Cartman)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
rwmorrisonjr, Yes, that is on 71. I used to rent a house on top of that cliff. It overlooks the 11th hole of the Bella Vista Country Club golf course. It doesn't look like they use it (the hill) any more. When I test drove an FJ Cruiser the salesman let me climb it though.

AJGuy84, I'm not worried about "The Klunk' as you call it. I think it is just the traction control working. I did not want to turn it off and risk tearing up the hill. I would rather keep the dirt and grass in place on that particular hill.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Looks like it has been some time since anyone else drove out there. I like the cliffs too.

·
Banned
1,397 Posts
It's hard to tell how steep the hill is just by watching your video, but I guess it looks pretty steep at the end. Did you scrape at all as you got the front wheels over the very top?

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
i wish one of our dealerships out here had a test hill. sweet pics next to the cliffs.

·
Registered
208 Posts
testa23 said:
i wish one of our dealerships out here had a test hill. sweet pics next to the cliffs.
Yeah, the Land Rover dealership here has their little rock hill-thingy out front but they won't let me drive my XK over it.

They're just jealous...

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Same here. I really want to take the Commander around the Land Rover track. Highly doubt they'd let me, though. Although, come to think of it, a guy in my club works there. Hmm... wonder if he... yeah... let me try...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
TR4Runner said:
It's hard to tell how steep the hill is just by watching your video, but I guess it looks pretty steep at the end. Did you scrape at all as you got the front wheels over the very top?
No scraping at stock height.

I wish I had the capital to build an off road test track around here. The nearest offroad facility is at least two hours away, if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Ther is a hill a little smaller than yours behind my beer distributor. I made the climb with my son, then my daughter, went back with my wife an they laid down a telephone pole to block it!:mad: Oh well, I'll keep looking!-43:D

·
Registered
283 Posts
Very nice! Wish I had a hill like that...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts