Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm off to a gun club meeting and on the road is a big sign "Road Closed - Bridge out"

So it's Sunday no-one is going to be working, and there's a local traffic only sign so I go check it out ... maybe I can make it across somehow with the awesome traction of QDII? so naturally I dive around the barrier and head of to see.

So I decided not to .. that blocker plate is wide enough ... but the water is pretty deep on either side ... and although I probably could have made the approach ... the departure looked WAY to steep ... I think they dug it up like that on purpose to keep guys like us off :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts
ehhhh you can make that....no problem

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Im glad I wasnt there.....I would have tried it and probablly submarined the XK again!

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im glad I wasnt there.....I would have tried it and probablly submarined the XK again!
That is what I envisioned, either changing my mind and backing off the edge of that blocker plate backing out ./..or going for it and slowly sliding off the bank with all wheels sinning and rolling over into the river .. it's pretty deep too.

The picture is deceiving, everything is kind of bigger than it looks, that first bit of the departure bank is probably 12 feet high

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
That is a picture we all want to see :(

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Good decision.

·
Premium Member
1,320 Posts
The angle of entry into the water is too steep. Your nose would be too deep before you leveled off and you would suck in water via your air intake. But, with a snorkel maybe....

:)

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes I am still seriously thinking of adding the snorkel!

·
Registered
128 Posts
You'll never know unless you try!

(I am not liable for what I say lol.)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts