Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found this article tucked away in my local paper today and scanned it so I could post:

·
Banned
389 Posts
Yeah....its also April Fools Day!

·
Banned
389 Posts

·
Banned
389 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
The old school look on the concept really brings me back...about 30 yrs! Old school look...dunno if it would sell...kinda ugly if ya ask me.
I would hope it's a cross between the new GC and the current Commander. You can look at the Durango and see what the general layout should look like.

I'll probably have a Wrangler by then though. The more I see what a solid axle can do off road, the more I like it.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I'll probably have a Wrangler by then though. The more I see what a solid axle can do off road, the more I like it.
Get a XJ and beat the hell out of it, they are cheap and will go anywhere. I have a JK Wrangler and I'm less than impressed with it.

For hard core rock crawling, a solid axle is hard to beat.

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Marchionne said:
That car was unfit for human consumption. We sold some. But I don’t know why people bought them.
Shortly after saying that, Chrysler announced they are going to design the exact same vehicle the exact same way, but they are going to call it the Wagoneer.

I'm confident the Jeep Engineers will do a fine job of carrying over the 4WD capabilities to a larger 7 passenger vehicle, like they always do, I'm sure it will be a vehicle we love.

But what I've seen so far of Marchionne, I am NOT confident at all, he will turn around the company. He may very well just turn out to be another clown in a line of clowns at the helm of Chrysler that thinks leadership is wowing the media and NOT running the company.

Chrysler is losing repeat business in Droves, and instead of addressing the problem, they concentrate on attracting new customers. And it may work for a short while, but eventually you run out of new customers to lose.

The Dealerships are out of control, and Corporate Policy top to bottom only reinforces this. Taking advantage of every modern advancement to lock their vehicles into proprietary schemes that force the owner back into the dealership to be overcharged for substandard service.

But Marchionne puts out a mega buck ad to convince us a warmed over Sebring is some sort of revolution of the industry.

Congratulations Marchionne, on being another CEO in a line that is turning Chrysler into Comcast.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
And yes, of course this was an April Fool's joke.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
Yup, it will come with a 3" lift and 32" tires from the factory!
If it comes from the Factory with a 3" higher ride height, is that a lift?

So there is NO confusion, this has no bearing on the Grand Wagoneer, correct?;
“It's time we gave the market an upper-scale Grand Wagoneer,” Chrysler CEO Sergio Marchionne said today. “You'll see it in January 2013.”
Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110110/OEM04/110119929/1115#ixzz1IqDkQ66z

The Grand Wagoneer would be a seven-seat SUV built on the same platform as the Grand Cherokee and the Dodge Durango. Those two vehicles were part of Chrysler's 16-vehicle 2011 product offensive spearheaded by the hard-driving Marchionne.
Am I'm the only one that noticed, right after saying this;
Marchionne said:
That car was unfit for human consumption. We sold some. But I don’t know why people bought them.
Marchionne announces they are going to recreate the Commander, exactly the same way they did before, just call it a different name.

So what are they going to do different this time, otherwise if they are doing the same thing, is Marchionne just an idiot or what?

[EDIT]
I went back and re-read the article, I was wrong, Marchionne made his "unfit for human consumption" statement in response to reporters asking how is this new Grand Wagoneer going to be any different than the Jeep Commander they just discontinued. Which is worse, how did that answer the question? In so many words the discussion was:

Q: Your redoing the Jeep Commander, how is this 2nd version going to be different other than the name?
A: The Commander was crap.

OK, so your going to produce crap again? Whats going to be different, so that its NOT going to be crap again, so far you haven't told us.

Weight, mileage and 2nd row leg room are my only complaints for the Commander. Granted a vehicle like this is going to be heavy, but on the surface it appears to me to be much heavier than it needs to be, and that is likely the biggest reason behind the poor mileage.

Judging from the posts on this forum, there seems to be too high of a reliability problem with some of the vehicle electronic management for engine and drivetrain. I'm guessing whats behind that is the abysmal state of the Dealerships (many posts saying the Dealers just says live with it), which I've complained adneuseam on this board about how Chrysler policies create the environment where the dealerships get away with murder.

·
Banned
389 Posts
I believe I was the first person here to realize that this was an April Fool's joke...its the gift that keeps on giving for some...a week later even...doh!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts