Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I keep hearing about a ORV Park in Bedford, KY called the Dirty Turtle and was wondering if anyone on here has been there and what they experianced. I have some buddies in wranglers and cherokees wanting to make a trip and am curious of how much danger id be putting my commander in. Mine is still a daily driver and showroom condition. I have a bull bar in the front and a 2' RC lift with new 245 75 r 17 Mudders on stock rims with QT2. Also wondering if anyone else would be interested in going if we can get a time and date set up?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dude , I go all the time and it's a ball. Awesome trails for every driver. They do a very good job with place. Very well operated and maintained. I go at least once a month, you'd love it!
I've got a bunch of pics of this weekend on my Facebook page just search for Derek smith in Louisville and you'll see them. I'd love to roll with some
Other commanders at the Turtle. As far as I know I'm the only XK's that been on the Turtle Shell. Everyday driver as well , but you can have a blast without tearing up a thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trail at Dirty Turtle Offroad Park?

For all viewers, I think it would be sweet to have as many Xks as possible do a Saturday ride at the Dirty Turtle. I'm glad that pirate meander mentioned it, and we have talked about getting a date set up for a ride. The Dirty Turtle is located 45 minutes northwest of Louisville, KY. It is very easy to find , and is just a few miles off I-71 . It is a very very well ran joint with trail after trail. Very accommodating to all . If you just want to get a little mud on the tires, or completely destroy your vehicle.... You can do it. The Turtle has a very nice primative campground, and as long as you act
Like an adult , they don't mind a little fun around the campfire. It's great for the family, and also has a motocross track. You will see everything from Rock Crawlers, every make of 4x4 that you can imagine , rail buggies, side by sides, am four wheelers on the trails, yet you never feel crowded. Admission fee is $20 , and worth every penny .
In that, would anybody be interested in doing a ride in the next month or so??
Everyone would be welcome!!:roller::roller:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Went to the turtle today and had a blast. Commander did great on everything i asked it to do. Mad some tight turns and fit in some tight places and down a really steep hill. had some fun in the mud as well. Pulled a buddy out of the mud in his wrangler. Only damage a cracked dust guard and popped the lower lip loose for a min when i cut across several ruts in the mud and bounced pretty hard.Would love to go back thru some trails when i get the rest of the armor and some body protection commanders are wide girls and trailed get skinny. lol If my Buddy in a stock wrangler with street tires can do the trails i know i can, and could also follow and out do the lifted xj on 33's.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts