Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Five months ago yesterday I went to my local Jeep dealership and placed my order for a black commander. Last Friday, it arrived. For five months I waited and waited. Turns out my Commander was in a pool of 3,000 that had an error during clear coat application. Instead of just giving me another commander that was exactly like the one I ordered, they had to give me the on they messed up after they fixed it. There was a way to track it, but it was not upated often. According to the tracking site, it sat in Detroit for a couple months, then went to Ohio, then to Brooklyn, then left Brooklyn about a month ago, and finally surfaced at my dealership. Also, before I ordered it, it had been built in September and sat on an abandoned runway in detroit along with the 2,999 others. A nice little note on the tracking site reminded me and the others waiting on their commanders to stop calling. I've only had my commander for a week now, but I already love it. However, it was an agonizing 5 months without a car. :mad:

·
Registered
136 Posts
That's interesting. Why would anyone wait 5 months for it if the dealers are choke-full of every conceivable Jeep of any imaginable color and option.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Because 5 months ago, they weren't.

·
Registered
136 Posts
OK, got you, you may be right, however when I bought mine (and that was exactly 5 months less one week) in Chicago area, there were plentiful. I found the one I wanted not in the dealership where I held negotiations so that my dealer got it from another, about 40 miles away. Just thought I'd share my story. Of course, this is Chicago, the big "Windy City" and it may not be typical. Nice car but I'd wish they would not put that puny little gas tank in there. The car (4.7 V8) runs out of gas in 200 miles, which sucks of course.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Mikey, I am in chicago also. Where did you pick up your commander? What kind of mileage are you getting? I currently have about 1100 miles on the commander and the mileage meter says I am getting 12.7 mpg. combo of 60/40 hwy/city. I hope this gets better!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They were chocked full of every color and model jeep imaginable, but they would not give me any other one. They were giving me the messed up, delayed one and that was that

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hate you had to wait...we wanted a black limited and at the time the closet one we could find in 2wd was in hilton head, so they drove it to Atlanta for us.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.