Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

For a while, we thought the folks at DaimlerChrysler were nuts when we heard they were going to hire Missy Elliott to try and sell the Jeep Commander. Then we saw this car, the audio junkie’s dream. Not only are there more DVDs than you can shake a stick at, this beast is outfitted with satellite, navigation, iPod and PlayStation interfaces. Looks like a custom grille and front end, lowered suspension and chrome accents, too. Let Missy have at it, and we’ll see if the Commander can give the Escalade a run for its bling.

Source: AutoBlog

·
Registered
114 Posts
Doesn't your stereo have an 'aux' jack on the front like mine? I've got the non-NAV system with single CD and Sirius radio.

Commo
Dearborn, MI

·
Registered
160 Posts
The grille sells for about 189 dollars. I seen the site the other day. I need to go through my history to locate it. I like those mirror overlays. Maximo

·
Registered
29 Posts
Not sure why, but the factory Nav sys doesn't have the MP3 jack (it should). It does however play MP3 CD's, so you can download your music and play it that way. Otherwise the factory DVD player (if you got that option) does have an MP3 jack (use the headphone plug-in)... the control is just behind the center console.

·
Registered
1 Posts
HIp hop Commander

The hip hop Commander is out of this world iam actually in the market for a commander what can a hip hop commander cost me, what extras were fitted on it at how much can you order if from the factory in 4x4.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Get ready for a sticker shock. If not, I'm sure the stealership will mark-up it up to be a little bit more profitable.

On another note. To each his or her own, but it's painful to see what people are doing to these Jeeps w/ their 22" Dub's. Bling Bling!

Okay, sorry, my ranting is now over.:)

·
Registered
138 Posts
I asked about lowering my commander in another post and people think I'm crazy. I think it looks mean with 20's or 22's and about a 2 inch drop. That's what I'm going to do to mine. Eventually

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
nacnac said:
I asked about lowering my commander in another post and people think I'm crazy. I think it looks mean with 20's or 22's and about a 2 inch drop. That's what I'm going to do to mine. Eventually
Some people only see Jeeps as off roading, raised and big tires but very few people actually do any off roading. I say mod it to your taste, I think they look good either way as long as they're done right.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think you're right about people thinking they should only be lifted. They'll come around when they see more of them.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
YB Normyl said:
but very few people actually do any off roading.
I beg to differ about this. Tons of people do off-roading and plenty of folks on this site have taken theirs off-road. This idea of Jeep being an off-road vehicle comes from it's legendary history.

But like you said, modify it to your taste... just make sure you have good taste. 20's can be done in good taste... but having spinners on those 20's is not good taste. Lowering a vehicle like this? Why? You won't be able to fit those 20's in the wheel wells without rubbing if you do that.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
rubicontrail.net said:
I beg to differ about this. Tons of people do off-roading and plenty of folks on this site have taken theirs off-road. This idea of Jeep being an off-road vehicle comes from it's legendary history.

Yes, I should have said very few SUV owners actually do any off roading. The percentage of SUV drivers who say they use them for off-road driving varies from 1 -15 percent, depending on how the question is asked. The percentages are much higher for the Jeep CJ and Wrangler owners with the bigger Jeeps falling somewhere in between. According to the below article, next to the Wrangler at 60-80% would be the Hummer H3 at 30% so all other Jeeps/SUV's would be below that.

Off-road: In a world where only 15 percent of SUV owners ever go off road, Jeep says 60 percent of Wrangler owners do; for Rubicon models, its 80 percent. Those percentages are the industry's highest, says Kevin Metz, Wrangler brand manager. (Next highest, he says, is the Hummer H3, at 30 percent.) There could be no backsliding here.
http://auto.consumerguide.com/Articles/index.cfm/act/featuredarticles/article/FA_WRANGLER_DEEP_DRIVE.html

Members of Jeep forums would be at the top of the scale because of the collective like for off roading.

Personally all off the Jeeps I've ever owned starting with a 74 CJ5 have gone off road. That's why I buy Jeep. :D

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have offroaded all over America and parts of Canada and Mexico, first in a Cherokee, then in a Grand Cherokee and finally in a modified TJ (which is when I ran the Rubicon trail among other highly rated trails). I likely would only do light to moderate offroading in my new Commander cause its not really designed for the hard to extreme trails and I dont wish to make significant modifications as I intend to use it to trailer my TJ to the difficult trails. john

1 - 20 of 36 Posts