Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: Date is Saturday Oct. 17th...no longer proposal date.

Short notice but proposed Trail Meet Date Saturday October 17th at The Mounds, Mount Morris, Michigan (north of Flint). How's this date sound to folks who want to go?

Here's the Park's website: http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/mounds.htm

A few notes to be aware of (but check the above website for more details):

1. No alcohol.
2. Must have Michigan Off Road Vehicle (ORV) sticker (not available at the Park ...purchase before you get there.
3. In addition to State ORV sticker, County park fee is Genesee County Resident Daily Pass - $8.00 per vehicle, or Non-Resident Daily Pass - $11.00 per vehicle.

Can run stock by taking bypasses, tow hooks highly recommended.

See discussions on Michigan Commanders Group and MidWest Commanders Group on this forum.

A few of us did this in the spring and had a good time. Maybe some will post here about the experience. Some youtube vids are around.

Please post if this date will work or not so we can get a date that works for the most folks who want to go. Thanks.

Also anyone attending is welcome to join up at my place after for a cookout and reliving the fun. I live about 30 minutes from the park.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I am in ,17th is fine with me. Gotta see Chaos try that mudhole that he got stuck in last time. I am gonna try to get though the one that stopped me last time.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Working on getting a sitter for the kids. Planning to meet there in the morning? I've got a party later that night.

Hopefully I'll get to sling a little mud with my Commander Brethren!:)

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
They open at 8 AM. I showed up at about 8:30 or 9. Couple of guys showed up later. Hope you can make it.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I recommend a 9am meeting time, but like wmjacobjr mentioned, we don't all have to get there at the same time but it would make it a bit easier. If you want you can pm me and we can swap mobile phone numbers.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's firm this date up, shall we? Sounds like the 17th will work for all who responded except BlackonBlack. (sorry dude). And maybe he'll pull a rabbit out of his hat on this day after all. We'll see.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK, it looks like Wmjacobjr, Tymac, CommanderChaos and me (GP). Anyone else? BlackonBlack can't make it but hopes to next time.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I PMed some folks. CrunchyWizard said he might depending in schedule. Drako sounded up to it. Siannamico may come also. Let me throw PMs back at them to let them know we firmed up a date. I have also asked for the flag and should have it after the 12th.

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, Wmjacobsjr, thanks. The more the merrier, as they say.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'm going to give it a 90% likelihood that I'll make it.

I'm still stock so I won't be hitting the crazy stuff, but I'll do what I can :)

I'll talk to my bud with a JK to see if he wants to come as well. I think he's in for the JeepSkool trip in November, too. That trip's a sure thing - I had to promise the wife that we'll go to a motel if it's too cold/wet but, hey, we'll be there :rofl:

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm going to give it a 90% likelihood that I'll make it.

I'm still stock so I won't be hitting the crazy stuff, but I'll do what I can :)

I'll talk to my bud with a JK to see if he wants to come as well. I think he's in for the JeepSkool trip in November, too. That trip's a sure thing - I had to promise the wife that we'll go to a motel if it's too cold/wet but, hey, we'll be there :rofl:
I'm 90% glad you're going to make it, or something like that.

What do you mean IF its cold/wet in November near Cleveland?

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'm 90% glad you're going to make it, or something like that.

What do you mean IF its cold/wet in November near Cleveland?
I mean if it's TOO cold/wet for my dear wife to spend the night in a tent in November in Ohio, I have conceded that she we will get a motel room that will (hopefully) be relatively warm and dry. I'd rather sleep in the tent, but I've found it's best to give a little sometimes - 'specially if I want to GET a little sometimes :eek:rangehat:.

AND it's been 100% confirmed for me by my previously-mentioned wife that the 17th is our anniversary (I knew that...but my not-yet-caffeinated-enough mind didn't make the connection this morning) but I deftly told her of my plans to take her out to a nice dinner the night before, so it looks like it's still going to fly. :eyemouth:

·
Registered
391 Posts
That is my weekend to work I am still finding somebody to work for me. I am 100 % sure that I am coming when I can get a day off. I need to add some mud from those mud that is still under my truck.

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
Crunchy, don't worry you won't be the only stocker there Mine doesn't have a lift yet. I will have my new tires by then. Keep us informed Drak, you know we'll save some mud for you.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Do we have a set time & location to meet?

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
We meet at The Mounds in the parking lot. GP was thinking 9 AM. Some showed up later than that. GP PMed everybody a contact number incase somebody got lost or arrived late. i will be more than happy to give mine out also just in case.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
I my not make it early Saturday, but still plan on attending. I may be installing Evil Twin's lift on Saturday. If I can get the truck here early I will still make it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts