Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully with my limited computer skills I can get some pics put in here of my new arrival. Beautiful weekend here in Ohio and got to drive it quite a bit. What a sweet vehicle. The seats are very comfortable (love that saddle brown) and even my 17 year old son said "cool jeep" which coming out of his mouth means alot. Even got my first coat os wax on it yesterday and boy did that black shine. Again, I will try and post these things but who knows....Kent

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh well after trying numerous times the pics wont come through...told you I wasnt computer literate. Any suggestions? Thanks

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey my avatar worked!!!! yippee.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes when I saw that combo I knew that is what I wanted....did consider the dark khaki with the saddle seats but just didnt like it as much as the black. Never owned a black car in my life but the Commander looks great in the color. Is that the color combo you have joetampa?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Oh this post just bums me. I told my wife I wanted the Black and saddle brown combintation. After looking around different dealerships, we came across dark khaki and saddle brown and it seemed like all dealerships had this combination. I settled with dark khaki, it isn't too bad.

Did you know dark khaki cost a little extra!! sheesh.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Congrats! It's the nicest vehicle I've ever been in . I did drive a Stealth once but it wasn't very good in rough terrain. Hey, you know , I have light silver w/ grey fabric interior and it seems just fine. Enjoy the black when it's clean and new. It is the best looking color in my opinion but our tj was black and it sure showed everything in good light. My new to me cherokee has grey leather and man do I like it. I was planning on seat covers for the command. when we bought it . I'd like waterproof, neoprene or something. We really use our vehicles and living in the mountains with kids and everything I would go ballistic if the commander had leather seats that got messed up. yes..life is good.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nutsnbolts said:
Oh one more thing, please post a picture if you can, I would love to see it in black and saddlebrown.
I was trying before and it said my pictures were too large to fit...what in the heck do I do? Remember everyone I am 51 years old and did not grow up in the computer age so literate I am not at these things..lol. Let me try again and see if it will work????

I am totally confused...it will not transfer the pictures stating the same thing that they are too big...????

·
Registered
57 Posts
kmag51 said:
I was trying before and it said my pictures were too large to fit...what in the heck do I do? Remember everyone I am 51 years old and did not grow up in the computer age so literate I am not at these things..lol. Let me try again and see if it will work????

I am totally confused...it will not transfer the pictures stating the same thing that they are too big...????
One thing you could do is check out the manual for your camera and find out how to take e-mail size pictures. If your camera does not have that optiion, then you might try downloading and installing the Image Resizer that Microsoft offers free (Providing you are using Win XP SP2). You can get it here:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

Just scroll down to the Image resizer and install it.

After it is installed you can right click on the picture you want to upload and click the size you want. It will duplicate the picture in the size you want, but it will not affect the original pic. The picture will be resized in the same folder as the original. Hope this helps.

I am older than you...:)

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's easy to resize your pictures. If you don't have any image management software like Photoshop or PaintShop, just download IrfanView.
Go to http://www.irfanview.com/
It's free and you can use it reduce the size of the pics. Usually forums need pics that are below 100k in size, and once you've done that you can post pics with abandon :)

·
Registered
54 Posts
kmag51 said:

hahaha..yes, I am not that old, 29 yrs to be exact. I can go on in showing you softwares after softwares on what to use. For your purpose, here try this link (http://www.resize2mail.com/).

It's basically an online tool to resize images as explained on the site. Hope that works. I have never really used it but it seems simple enough.

On the other hand...

kidatforty
I currently drive a subaru wrx. Went from an Infinity QX4 then wanted more speed, hence, where the wrx came into play. Then now my wife and I are expecting and I miss having an "suv" but didn't want to sacrifice speed. Well it won't be a speed demon but an "suv" with a Hemi engine..hrm...I think that makes life being good. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
The powertoys worked great for me. Easy to use. Didn't cost anything. Online download. I'm not super computer saavy either but I manage, especially with help from fellow jeepers. Hey, nutsnbolts. subaru. nice car huh? I have always liked them. My wife doesn't. says they're "old folks cars". (please don't take offense) I think they have a nice rally look to them.

·
Registered
128 Posts
congrats on your new commander!! We love ours, and so do our girlies:D They thinks its cool too:)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
haha....thanks everyone for the help...I will give something a try and see what happens. Very happy with my Commander so far and glad to be part of this forum...you are all very helpful.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts