Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking for more pictures of commanders in light khaki metallic. I'm wanting to get some ideas of mods, especially wheel/tire combos that look good on this color. I have seen this done on many other forums where each color offered has its own dedicated thread for pictures so I figured I could try it here. Hopefully this is something others will enjoy also.

So post up some pictures of your Light Khaki Metallic Commanders!!!!

I will start it off even though I don't have much too show except my stock commander.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
It looks like your Commander has been lifted in the rear and not in the front. A stock Commander has a natural rake toward the front but not as much as in your pic.

·
Registered
532 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It looks like your Commander has been lifted in the rear and not in the front. A stock Commander has a natural rake toward the front but not as much as in your pic.
That's what I thought too but I think it is just the angle of the photo. That's from the sellers ad from when a bought it (just a few days ago). Here is a picture on more level ground. After seeing it in person and driving it I do not believe there is a lift on the back end.

What do you think? I'll get under it and see what I can find later today

·
Registered
243 Posts
I love the Khaki colored XK/WK's that are paired with a darker rim such as black or gunmetal. You could try out some plastidip to see if you like the color, its totally removable without damaging paint. A while ago I remember seeing a member who ordered a custom plastidip mix that was dark grey, similar to gunmetal, and painted his khaki AK's rims. It looked even better than black in my opinion.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I love the Khaki colored XK/WK's that are paired with a darker rim such as black or gunmetal. You could try out some plastidip to see if you like the color, its totally removable without damaging paint. A while ago I remember seeing a member who ordered a custom plastidip mix that was dark grey, similar to gunmetal, and painted his khaki AK's rims. It looked even better than black in my opinion.
I have used plasti-dip in the past and it worked well. My only pet peeve with it is that is always has a matte finish and I'm not a fan of that at all. It always looks like cheap primer to me unless that what the part is meant to look like (like plastics etc) I was definitely leaning towards the dark grey coloring. I also saw a picture of a Khaki commander with some goldish/khaki colored wheels and it looked good too.

I want more people to post some khaki pictures!! It doesnt have to be yours either.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I have used plasti-dip in the past and it worked well. My only pet peeve with it is that is always has a matte finish and I'm not a fan of that at all. It always looks like cheap primer to me unless that what the part is meant to look like (like plastics etc) I was definitely leaning towards the dark grey coloring. I also saw a picture of a Khaki commander with some goldish/khaki colored wheels and it looked good too.

I want more people to post some khaki pictures!! It doesnt have to be yours either.
I don't agree on that, for sure is just different opinion but i think plasti dip is working great. Did u try the not matte effect one??

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh i didnt know there was a non matte version of it. ill have to check that out and test it. like you said i can always peel it off.

Here is Gulf550's commander (hope you dont mind me borrowing your pics):

·
Registered
243 Posts
TrialbyFire's Rig

Probably my favorite XK is TrialbyFire's Khaki Commander. The bumpers are a thing of beauty.

Attachments

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
WOW!! Those pictures pretty much convince me to go for the dark grey wheels on this color. His XK is my favorite now too. I was never really a fan of the AEV wheels but I really dig them on his jeep. May have to consider those.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Anyone have pictures of a light khaki commander with semi-gloss/matte black wheels? I'm thinking of plasti dipping my wheels either dark grey or black and I can't decide

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Ok since I couldn't find any pictures of what I was looking for I just did it. I tried the grey plasti dip but it did not look good. So I peeled it off and re sprayed them with black and although I usually don't like the matte color of plasti dip but I think it looks great. I do have to say though, that I am happy that I can easily peel it off.

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Looks good.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts