Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright... well old box took up too much cargo space so it had to go...the goal with the new one was for it to fit behind the driver seat (downfire), so i would never have to take it out due to cargo etc. well i was successful and thought i would share, since commander's tend to be family vehicles and i am probable not alone in this fight with space vs subwoofer... you can put this box in several places very quickly and it still hits...

sub is a JL Audio W3

Box is 18" x 12" x 7.5" using 3/4" mdf which puts it at about .62 cu inch and 6.5 inches sub mounting depth ...i pretty much followed jl audio's specs for my W3 except made mine a inch wider and an inch slimmer which even'd out.

sounds amazing....way better than the other box ported or sealed. when behind your seat though it will rattle your brain, but sounds louder and not as full as in the rear, but a definitly good place for it if ya can afford the space

also used a piece of wood and covered it with carpet and velcro to raise it up so it could even out and down fire better

if ya need help of tips on building just ask...im no pro but i do alright

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
Impressive, I like the fact that you can move it around to meet the needs of the family and vehicle.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aspirepoker said:
Hi - What kind of amp? and how many amps do you have? Thanks.
decided to keep the stock boston acoustics amp(for now) to power the infinity's, and im using a 400w rms mono Alpine amp and a 1 farad cap for the sub...

its a nice clear sounding setup, i have a volume knob for the amp in the cubby up front to go from mello to ghetto when i feel the urge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts