Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not started a new thread in several years so I thought I would give an update on what has been happening with me.

After recovering the things that were taken from me about eight years ago, I took my time replacing, restocking and restoring everything.

I wandered around the country for a few years just enjoying my retirement.

I met this wonderful lady named Renae and we have been together for about seven years.

About three years ago my Mom died of Cancer. I really wish that she was still around but she surprised me by making me a trust fund baby at the age of 65.

She and my step father had received an insurance settlement from a car accident 50 years ago. She invested a lot of it in a startup company in Bentonville, Arkansas and just let it grow. They also built a home on 5 acres that was out in the country. It is now on a busy corner surrounded by country clubs.

Two years ago, I quit wandering all over the country and bought a home in Lake Havasu, Arizona and settled down.

The house is just right for us and for entertaining guests.

I have a 50 foot deep RV garage for the Diesel Pusher and also have an extra RV pad next to the garage. We also have a pool and spa with an outside BBQ grill and Blackstone.

Here are a few pictures of our retirement home.

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here are a few more.

Attachments

·
2,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
and one more time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
I see you still have the mustang!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Huey,

Since the last time I have read any of your posts my son has been diagnosed with and beaten brain cancer, and my family has moved states for the medical care.

Where we were previously we cared for two beautiful girls we were planning on adopting but had to say goodbye when our son was diagnosed.

A lot can happen in a few years. Now here I am drunk rambling to some stranger on the Interwebz.

Either way, welcome back. I learned a lot about the XK from you.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I have not started a new thread in several years so I thought I would give an update on what has been happening with me.

After recovering the things that were taken from me about eight years ago, I took my time replacing, restocking and restoring everything.

I wandered around the country for a few years just enjoying my retirement.

I met this wonderful lady named Renae and we have been together for about seven years.

About three years ago my Mom died of Cancer. I really wish that she was still around but she surprised me by making me a trust fund baby at the age of 65.

She and my step father had received an insurance settlement from a car accident 50 years ago. She invested a lot of it in a startup company in Bentonville, Arkansas and just let it grow. They also built a home on 5 acres that was out in the country. It is now on a busy corner surrounded by country clubs.

Two years ago, I quit wandering all over the country and bought a home in Lake Havasu, Arizona and settled down.

The house is just right for us and for entertaining guests.

I have a 50 foot deep RV garage for the Diesel Pusher and also have an extra RV pad next to the garage. We also have a pool and spa with an outside BBQ grill and Blackstone.

Here are a few pictures of our retirement home.
I remember reading about the ordeal you went through several years ago, but, sounds like things have worked out well for you, I'm glad to hear it; Your house is awesome, it has a really nice layout from what I can see.

I'm sorry to hear about your mom passing, please accept my sincere condolences.

Hopefully, when I retire in the next 3 - 8 years, I'll be able to start acquiring some more toys too.....although I don't think I'll ever become a trust fund baby....LOL. I hope you stick around with some regularity this time around Bill.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Huey, I remember all the drama of your missing motor home and XK, good to see that life has been good to you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts