Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After the multitude of Girl Scout events we had this weekend, we decided to take a trip down the road to the Bass Creek Recreation area just south of Florence, MT. After checking out the rec. area, we discovered a dirt road that took us up to an observation point. On the way up, the views were fantastic.

On the way up to the top, we saw numerous trails that were marked "Unauthorized" and because we are good, law-abiding Jeepers, we didn't take them. However, we also saw a couple of trails that were not marked as Unauthorized, so of course, we had to see where they went. But, first we visited the observation point (and hid a Geocache nearby).

Then, on the way back down, we took the first trail and entered the wilderness. The road was slightly wet, but nothing worth worrying about. At one point, while we were out walking around, we heard something rustle in the trees and growl, but we never saw the critter.

At the few intersections we discovered, we decided to always take whatever road seemed to go "up." As each trail petered out - usually at a small clearing with a makeshift fire-ring, we turned around and took whichever trail we didn't take the time before. There was any "challenging" terrain, but there were many times when the nature got up close and personal with the Commander - contributing to many more "nature stripes."

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Great scenery. We don't have much wild areas nearby, so it is great that you share yours.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Great views, thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
133 Posts
The only thing about looking at all these nice trails and mudholes is it makes me extremely jealous that i dont have much of that here in the dallas area. Argh.....:mofo: ONE DAY I AM GOING TO FIND A SPOT TO GO AND GET NICE AND DIRTY...I HOPE...

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Thanks for the cool pics and what a great story PolarBZ!!

Don't worry jm, you find it one day. Maybe a Colorado vacation is in order next year? I'll meet you there anytime.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts