Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FINALLY, The long awaited, "ROK LIMO" Sorry for the shoddy Pics...LOL my wife is a photographer, she will kill me if she sees this....better ones later
Specs:
2007 32k miles, Limited, Hemi, QDII, Dark Leather, NAV, Power rear hatch, Remote start,

2009 Rubicon Wheels, RC 2", thin Spacer on front wheels.

STOCK:

Home with the Goods on the 3rd day of ownership.

Me, the Wife, a few hours, a few beers later : 2" Spacer lift

3/8" spacer in the front, just enough for the wheel to clear the caliper.

Doneski @ 2am Monday Night(started at 11pm)

GWNF for some light trail testing.......using the wife's cameras....much better.

The wifey, rippin the rocks apart...she doesn't like traction control...
no quick disco's yet.....again, the wife sippin the potion & hittin the 3 wheel motion.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Looks great. Must feel good too. I can't wait to get mine done, and it's been a long wait so far. I've got the kit, and should soon have the UCA's, but still haven't got the rims and tires. Having some issues figuring out what rims will work. Happy Motoring!

Ryan

·
2,248 Posts
Looks great. Must feel good too. I can't wait to get mine done, and it's been a long wait so far. I've got the kit, and should soon have the UCA's, but still haven't got the rims and tires. Having some issues figuring out what rims will work. Happy Motoring!

Ryan

Come to Camp Commander in Colorado and maybe you will win the set of Rubicon Wheels that are being given away. They are the same as the ones above.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
with the Rubi wheels you don't need heavy spidertrax!

Just for reference, I have 255/75R17 on 17x7.5 with 44.45mm offset. Has a 32" diameter and about a 10" high sidewall

IMO: A lift is worthless without bigger tires....unless done for water x-ings.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
Looks great, I too put a set of Rubicon take-offs on my Commander with the BFG M/Ts

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I need to figure out how to enter for the door prizes while not in attendence lol, I could use some wheels. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
good thing is you can drive before you buy....give me a call I get out of work around 4:30-5pm at the UVA Research park, I usually go home down 53 by Monticello.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I ran the M/T on my Cherokee. How do they feel on the Commander. I cant decide if I want the A/T or the M/T. I love the look of the M/T, but may not like the ride and noise so much.
I run the M/T and do not think that the noise is bad at all. I really do not even notice it.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Looks good... Where in VA are you? I'm in Woodbridge.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Looks good! Now please start working on a rubi t-case for us....:bowdown:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
FINALLY, The long awaited, "ROK LIMO" Sorry for the shoddy Pics...LOL my wife is a photographer, she will kill me if she sees this....better ones later
Specs:
2007 32k miles, Limited, Hemi, QDII, Dark Leather, NAV, Power rear hatch, Remote start,

2009 Rubicon Wheels, RC 2", thin Spacer on front wheels.

STOCK:

Home with the Goods on the 3rd day of ownership.

Me, the Wife, a few hours, a few beers later : 2" Spacer lift

3/8" spacer in the front, just enough for the wheel to clear the caliper.

Doneski @ 2am Monday Night(started at 11pm)

GWNF for some light trail testing.......using the wife's cameras....much better.

The wifey, rippin the rocks apart...she doesn't like traction control...
no quick disco's yet.....again, the wife sippin the potion & hittin the 3 wheel motion.
new pics! :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Where did you take those pics? Looks like up in the natl forest? Are you still leaving the end of July? We are having a camp in August up in the forest outside Harrisonburg if you are still here.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where did you take those pics? Looks like up in the natl forest? Are you still leaving the end of July? We are having a camp in August up in the forest outside Harrisonburg if you are still here.
The pics were taken on this trail. hardly a challenge, but a decent nature trail for the kids...

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=flagpole+george+washington+national+forest&sll=38.510531,-79.170613&sspn=0.029585,0.065875&ie=UTF8&radius=1.78&filter=0&rq=1&ll=38.509557,-79.161386&spn=0.029585,0.065875&t=p&z=15

1 - 20 of 22 Posts