Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anybody know where a49erFan has been the last few months?

I also noticed the Steel Armadillo & Crawl Offroad websites are both down......anybody heard from him lately or have some insight as to what's going on?

http://thesteelarmadillo.com/

https://crawloffroad.com/cart.php?ta...&category_id=3

I've had a couple of members ask me, wanting to know why the websites aren't up & running, which is why I'm raising the issue. I've also PM'ed a49erFan directly.

Any input or feedback would be appreciated, so I can pass the information along, thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,105 Posts
Anybody know where a49erFan has been the last few months?

I also noticed the Steel Armadillo & Crawl Offroad websites are both down......anybody heard from him lately or have some insight as to what's going on?
I PM'd him on facebook the other day to ask if he was still planning to produce the South African bumper and he replied that he was.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I PM'd him on facebook the other day to ask if he was still planning to produce the South African bumper and he replied that he was.
That's good to hear Tom, thank you.

Did he by chance give you any kind of time-line?

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm itchin to find out more about these. That wam bumper of yours is looking awfully nice, but according to their facebook page the SA bumpers are made in San Diego which is much closer to me. Guess I'll play the wait and see game.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Jeep5253 --thanks again for the PM confirmation that these bumpers are to be the same as the ones produces by Maniac 4x4.

Any word if these are still in works...?

My apologies to everyone else as I publicly get up to speed on this topic. It's been a challenge to find bumpers I really like, and this design is my favorite so far, so I'd be totally stoked to see them produced. An aluminum version would be even that much better... :wink3:

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
hmmm, so not from steel armadillo...the WAM looks good!
You asked if anyone has bought a bumper - you didn't ask about a Steel Armadillo bumper specifically.

@a49erFan is the owner of Steel Armadillo and he is also an administrator on this site.

I know in the last few months, he has recently moved his business out to Oregon, so, I'm sure he is & has been extremely busy.

That being said, he has not been on this site in almost a year - and very little in the 2 + years that I have been here.

If you want any information on any products from Steel Armadillo, I'd suggest calling them directly or maybe corresponding with them on Facebook because you won't accomplish anything with them on this site - he's just never comes on the forum any more.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts