Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well tuesday i went to my Jeep to go vote. I opened the rear driver side door and noticed that I had no Headrest. I was confused of why i didnt. Then i look at my center dash and go and behold I had no radio, F*** was the first thing i said. I have not driven the Jeep since Sunday Night, so i dont know exactly when it happend. There was no broken glass or pulled out key hole. No damage what so ever to the outside. Now i come to the inside, them bastards took my Kenwood DNX7100 Navigation touch Screen with THE SIMPSON movie inside, 2 Headrest with 11 inch moniters, my 60 GIG Video IPOD, and a Monarhy Track Jacket. Total Cost $1600. Check out the before and after. So if anyone can let me know where to get some stock headrest, let me know. thanks

·
Registered
192 Posts
OUCH!! I feel your pain!

Are you sure you actually locked it? Maybe you should have broken a window before you made the report.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
No need to lie. Just tell it as it is. But, the SIMPSONS movie??! That's irreplaceable!

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
there are a number of places on ebay that will sell headrests...with or without monitors. probably not as nice as the one's you lost. but you should be able to find some.

sorry to hear about this. hope they find the but heads and rip thier heads off. Send them to Montana where no one is ever heard from again.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Wow, that sucks, sorry to see that happen. Hopefully insurance will cover it for you.

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
wow that sucks. hopefully your insurance can replace your losses.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Must be someone who knows your vehicle. It looks like they took what they wanted without trashing anything, very professional. I hope you get insurance $ for your loss.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Ouch... really sorry to hear about that. It is odd that there are no signs of entry to the Jeep. Silly question, do you have both sets of keys to the Jeep? Could it have been that simple...?

I hope you are able to get it all sorted out quickly, hopefully they left some finger prints for the police...

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
That really sucks! Sorry to hear about that. I had that happen to me a few years back. I had a huge system worth over $5k and everything was stolen. The guy got busted, and it ended up it was someone from a shop that helped with the custom enclosures I had made. Hopefully they get who did this to you and put them away for a while!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Dude, that sucks!!! :mofo:

Sorry to hear about your loss. Hopefully you can get it all back together to how you had it in no time.

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
It may be possible to track the use of the Ipod. It has a unique signature just like computers and cell phones.

If someone tries to use it, that data is trackable.

It could lead to whomever it was that did the deed.

Good luck.

John

·
Registered
70 Posts
That sucks man! I had my work truck broken into the same way last year. No damage, I triple checked my locks before I went to bed and when I went out to it in the morning, the side panel was open and the truck was cleaned out. $3600 of my own tools and supplies gone! The companies insurance only covers damage on break ins and not content... so, I was out of a job because without tools, you can't work...

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The cops did a report but did not do any finger print check. its basically a GOOD LUCK if we find the guy. Fortunally im not Married or have kids. I dont really drive my truck, its a weekend truck. But I do have it parked in the driveway very visible to traffic. People that I meet sometimes tell me that they know were i live because the have seen my truck in the driveway of the house. SCARY. Ive tought about anyone that can do it, but no luck. I used to own a STEREO SHOP in this area (SOUTH GATE, CA) so i made calls to all of other friends that still have shops and told them to be o the look out. My navigation screen wallpaper is very original and well my headrest TVS are also rare, who has 11 inch moniters. Well thanks for all your comments. Ive called the insurance and they will have someone over in a couple of days to go over the damage. i have a $500 deductible so ill see the cost vs. the actual cost.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts