Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: ...some bastard stole my Jeep hitch receiver cover. I know it was just the cheap ($15) Jeep Rubber cover, but still, it pisses me off that someone stole it.

I guess it is alright, I needed to install my Warn D-Ring anyway (with locking pin!!)

venting over

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
That sucks. It's ashame that people have to do something like that no matter what price the item was. Where you home? Even though my XK is garaged, I have a surveillance camera in the front of my house.

·
Registered
437 Posts
I thought someone stole mine but I think I lost it when I was going through the mud at the Jeep Owners Playground at Camp Jeep last year.
I was going to pick up one of those hitch D-rings but wanted one in all black instead of stainless or chrome. Anyone know where I can get a black one?

·
Registered
192 Posts
I got one of the Jeep rubber ones on my old '00 Gr. Cherokee. Had it for 6 years and, since the Commander didn't come with one, I put it on. Damn if someone didn't steal it within the 1st month!

Yes, it really P'd me off too! Really liked that cover!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Where I work I can see my car in the parking lot and one day I saw a guy janking on my door handles. I called the cops and they found a slim jim on him. I was pretty hacked because this happened in the first week and the dude put a nice little scratch on the side.:mad:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
maroonandwhite said:
Where I work I can see my car in the parking lot and one day I saw a guy janking on my door handles. I called the cops and they found a slim jim on him. I was pretty hacked because this happened in the first week and the dude put a nice little scratch on the side.:mad:
Did he end up paying to fix the scratch?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty sure it happened at the Target parking lot

·
Registered
49 Posts
CrzCajun said:
Did he end up paying to fix the scratch?

Unfortunately not, to use the nicest words as possible he seemed to be a "drifter". Kinda like Stallone in First Blood. Lets just hope he doesn't retaliate towards me like he did in the movie.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know the alarm works really well, after a 14 hour drive I pulled over and went to have a sleep in a truck bay, just to be on the safe side as it was in the bush still i hit the emoboliser to lock the doors.
there were about 3 road trains parked in the same truck bay and it was 2am.
all i did was roll over and all hell broke loose, the lights started flashing the forn started beeping very loudly , I sat bolt upright hit the button to unlock the car and peace prevailed. always lock the car from the door button if you wish to have a sleep in your jc. lesson learnt.

·
Registered
686 Posts
It's amazing what folks will pilfer. One can purchase the exact same hitch cover (sans the Jeep logo) for about $8 almost anywhere.

I have a hitch mounted bike rack that tilts down to allow for opening the rear hatch. It's held up with a clevis pin. Can you believe someone actually stole the clevis pin out of it one day when I was parked outside the grocery store? Fortunately I noticed before driving off. I was able to secure the rack with a bungee cord.

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
walkjon said:
I was going to pick up one of those hitch D-rings but wanted one in all black instead of stainless or chrome. Anyone know where I can get a black one?
I had mine powder coated black

·
Registered
476 Posts
webjones said:
It's amazing what folks will pilfer. One can purchase the exact same hitch cover (sans the Jeep logo) for about $8 almost anywhere.

I have a hitch mounted bike rack that tilts down to allow for opening the rear hatch. It's held up with a clevis pin. Can you believe someone actually stole the clevis pin out of it one day when I was parked outside the grocery store? Fortunately I noticed before driving off. I was able to secure the rack with a bungee cord.
I have a Yakima Big Horn 4 mounted in the hitch now - stays on most all summar since I ride various trails almost daily :) .

I never really worried abut someone taking the rack since it is bolted to the hitch and has the Yakima hitch pin lock also. I was really ticked off when I came out of a resturant last week to find someone took the rubber chain straps! :mad: Amazing that people have the balls enough to do this crap right in the open! Lesson Learned - it may take 2 minutes longer but the straps are removed when not in use!

Also will consider changing the swing arm pin to a locking type - if I can find something that will work!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts