Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's hanging under the back of the jeep on the driver side near bumper,behind tire.

What is it? Is it supposed to be hanging?

Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cant take a pic right now..but it is about a foot in diameter, silver and hanging by a clip...almost where a splash guard would go. i placed it up and it's now resting on the under lip of the rear bumper...

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Definitely need a pic. I wonder if it's the metal bar that holds the side of the bumper to the vehicle itself.

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
It's actually super thin and it actually looks like a wire...it s flexible not solid...
Definitely not the metal bar that I was referring to.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Can't tell without a photo ! ,, but I don't remember such a thing in there !

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
I'm getting a feeling, sort of a blurry image, something about a strap, no more like a wire.... I'm getting a message, is it flumper, scrumper... no ... oh it is bumper... the word is definitely bumper...I'm starting to see it, I can almost see it... Damn I lost it.

Can you post a picture.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
It's a piece of bailing wire he ran over last week :)

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
I can't see the pics.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I'm also thinking its what holds the spare tire in place but without a picture who knows.

·
Premium Member
2,629 Posts

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Only part of a mattress. Why didn't I know that? Too funny.

·
Registered
862 Posts
That’s FUNNY stuff!!!

Reminds me of 20 years ago in my Toyota Landcruiser. I wrapped up a big ball of barbed wire onto the driveshaft while we were running out in the desert. I was mad as a hornet that some jacka$$ would leave the stuff laying out there like that. I almost wrecked too, because it locked up everything SOLID while we were going 40+ MPH.

We left the rig there with other friends to watch it, went to a buddy’s place in his Jeep, and headed back out with his oxy-acetylene torches. It got dark on us, and then our flashlights died out. (Long before the age of LED’s) So… we used a highway flare for light, and between the burning flare and the melting barbed wire, we danged near gassed ourselves to death!!

The guys in the photo must be wearing these:

·
Super Moderator
14,914 Posts
Looks like one of those old indoor UHF TV antennas. Do you get good reception with it ?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts