Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone, i was thinking to buy halo fog lights for my jeep commander 2007.
I already have the OEM fog lights ( and i installed the HID bulb in it), i was wondering if this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-05-0...p|Model:Commander&hash=item58a655f955&vxp=mtr
could fit on my jeep? i can keep the original wire and just use one more to plug the halo led to the position lights??

Thanks a lot in advance for the help

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
please i need fast help here cause my order is going to be processed from usa to italy and i dont wanna loose the chance to put also this item on the shipping to avoid a separate international shipping...
thanks again

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts
I think no one has answered you because we really don't know if those lights are compatible with the Commander.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks, if someone get some news please let me know..thanks

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i guess are totally replaceable with the OEM one, but i was planning to plug the HALO led to the daily light (position lights) so i get a better effect..the only problem is that to do that i ll have to remove all the front bumper.
I dont know the result worth the job....but i never seen a commander with halo on the fog lights...

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts
i guess are totally replaceable with the OEM one, but i was planning to plug the HALO led to the daily light (position lights) so i get a better effect..the only problem is that to do that i ll have to remove all the front bumper.
I dont know the result worth the job....but i never seen a commander with halo on the fog lights...
You don't need to remove the bumper to change the fog lights. There is an access door in the wheel well liner.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
You don't need to remove the bumper to change the fog lights. There is an access door in the wheel well liner.
yes but that dooe is just to change the bulb of the fog light i guess.
Not to change all the lamp (even the external plastic part). No?

cause if i can do all just acting from the backside of the bumper ll be amazing and i ll immediately replace my OEM fog lights. THe external glass get a little broken ( i guess the reason are the rocks on the highway) and ll love to put the smoked version...

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the final question is: to change/remove the fog lights ( all, not just the bulb) i need to remove the front bumper or no?
Thanks!!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Administrator
16,153 Posts
So the final question is: to change/remove the fog lights ( all, not just the bulb) i need to remove the front bumper or no?
Thanks!!

I already answered that for you, but you didn't believe me.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I already answered that for you, but you didn't believe me.
Preamble: i'm sorry if i ask the information more than once, but everything i buy in USA is shipped to my mailbox in Indiana and from there is coming straight to Italy:scratchhead:. So i have to double check everything before i purchase cause later i cannot change it or return it anymore.

I really believe you:thumbsup:!!! I was just scared we were talking about two different things, now that im sure there is the second question: is the fog lights i posted here (eBay link) fully replaceable with the OEM one? I'm talking about the supports and the hooks.
Thanks a lot for all the support!! Really appreciate it!!

P.S: is clear i want something smoke color to match my black bumper. I already installed the HID system so i just wanna replace the external shell. In this case i really don't need all the wire and connector cause i ll simply swap my bulbs.

Here is the option 1 WITHOUT HALO led: http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-05-0...p|Model:Commander&hash=item1c3c12ec83&vxp=mtr

Here is the option 2 WITH HALO led in it:http://www.ebay.com/itm/SMOKED-05-0...p|Model:Commander&hash=item58a655f955&vxp=mtr

The one with HALO led in has also the curve lens, that match better the hid lights....If someone wanna suggest me some experience and/or opinion please feel free cause i ll really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Removing the bumper is not necessary, as stated before. If you need more room to work then the little fog light access door in the wheel well, you can also remove the plastic wheel well liner to have full access to behind the bumper.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Really happy to hear that!! At the end i choose the one without hale cause from the pic the look like different and more complicated to install. I was scared that the halo led and the fog light are linked with the same switcher. When i ll receive my pack i ll upload some pic of the result!!!
Thanks again

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ok i received today my pack from US, with also the fog lights in it.
Actually i took a fast look at my jeep and seems hardto remove it without removing the front fascia....but it's coming out from the inside or from the outside of the bumper?
Cause in front a saw a screw on the top of the light...but that for me is used to regulated the inclination of the light. No?
thanks

·
Banned
277 Posts
See the attached diagram. There is no need to remove the front bumper. I replaced my fog lights a few weeks ago, and it only took me about 10-15 minutes for each side. Hope this helps.

Edit: Yes - the screw you see from the front is the adjustment screw for the inclination.

Attachments

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
See the attached diagram. There is no need to remove the front bumper. I replaced my fog lights a few weeks ago, and it only took me about 10-15 minutes for each side. Hope this helps.

Edit: Yes - the screw you see from the front is the adjustment screw for the inclination.
Thanks a lot, this really helps me!!!!:angel:

I ll try to do asap....and i ll let you know.
Thanks a lot again!!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok. I finally did it. I changed the fog lights... Now looks amazing. Is just hard to reach the rear side of the light.. But once the 2 screws are removed is done!!!
Thanks for all the support.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 21 Posts