Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since we have had our XK the passenger window will stutter and takes several tries to get back up.

From day 1 I have mentioned it to our dealer and they have said they never have heard of such a thing. finally after several calls they told me to bring it in for them to check.

They returned it saying they didn't have a problem with the window raising when they tested it, but 1 hour later I drove by our sales reps house and show them that it was doing it.

Flash forward to now and I find this forum and see listed in the TSR's (?) the very problem I have been explaining to them, as well as the stains on the seat when they get wet.

Just irks me that they have told me basically I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest...

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
My requlator has been replaced twice. This forum is very insightful, I feel when I bring my XK in to the dealership I know more that the service advisor, I had to explain that I could have mirrors turn downward in reverse and day time running lights through starscan

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I have the same problem with the rear windows !!, but I didnt take it to the dealer yet. waiting for the next service.

please keep us updated if you got that fixed.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
have you refered to the tsb to the dealer? I know a lot of us have had to do exactly that....print them off and take them in.

Do you know how to program your windows? Each window, push the down button until the window is all the way down, hold 10 seconds....then raise it all the way up and hold 10 seconds......do this to each window. May not solve your problem, but every couple months, one window acts funny..wont go all the way...have to stop and start... and this is what we do wife's 06 300 or my XK.

·
Premium Member
12,578 Posts
cico7 said:
have you refered to the tsb to the dealer? I know a lot of us have had to do exactly that....print them off and take them in.
This is some of the best advice I have seen here, I know I would take a copy with me if the dealer told me they didn't know of the propblem.

·
Banned
3,374 Posts
i had mine fixed under warranty. the dealer knew all about it and ordered the parts. it only took a few hours to fix it.

show them its broken, and if you still have your warranty they should be fixing it for free. otherwise threaten to call up the jeep HQ and tell them about this dealer.

Commander91899 said:
Since we have had our XK the passenger window will stutter and takes several tries to get back up.

From day 1 I have mentioned it to our dealer and they have said they never have heard of such a thing. finally after several calls they told me to bring it in for them to check.

They returned it saying they didn't have a problem with the window raising when they tested it, but 1 hour later I drove by our sales reps house and show them that it was doing it.

Flash forward to now and I find this forum and see listed in the TSR's (?) the very problem I have been explaining to them, as well as the stains on the seat when they get wet.

Just irks me that they have told me basically I don't know what I'm talking about.

Thanks for letting me get that off my chest...

·
Registered
480 Posts
The first time I brought my Jeep into the dealer with a warranty issue I had the TSB printed off. Since then the dealership has always treated me right. I think if you establish yourself as having technical knowledge of the vehicle they will not question you. In subsequent visits they refer to me by name (I do not make appointments, they just know the Commander) and always treat me right. If I mention a problem and they say "I haven't heard of that before" then I mention the forum and how other owners have had the same problem. That is usually enough said. I know results may vary from dealership to dealership but it doesn't hurt to show them you have knowledge of the vehicle and support of the forum.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts