Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious, I saw a thorttle body spacer from Airaid that fits the '06 Liberty with a 3.7. is there any reason why this wouldn't fit on a XK with a 3.7?

Here is the link to the part http://www.airaid.com/310-508_jeep.asp

Any feed bad appreciated.:)

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rubicontrail.net said:
Those only might really do something on a carb engine, not a fuel injected.
Bummer had one on a '87 3/4 Ton Suburban with TBI which gave noticable power gain. But again it was a TBI so that might of had something to do with it. :(

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
AKFossil said:
Bummer had one on a '87 3/4 Ton Suburban with TBI which gave noticable power gain. But again it was a TBI so that might of had something to do with it. :(
Yeah probably would give a boost to throttle body injected vehicles but like db_ohio said, not on multi port fuel injected.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
They've been rated on a dyno to give 1 to 2 hp depending on the application. This was for an air only TB. Even though it's only air, it still lengthens the run of the intake manifold. Some high output engines use a short runner valve in the intake manifold to lengthen and shorten the air's path depending on RPM. The spacer also gives off a cool sound between 2000 and 3000 RPM if you have an aftermarket air intake. They were known more for use with Carbs and TBI units, the spacer gave the fuel more time to cool.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it guys! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts