Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of some sort of tie down ring that can be used in conjunction with the rectangular slots in the crossbar rail?

I have an idea on how to make some if they do not exist already.

·
Premium Member
2,262 Posts
I use 550 cord. But I don't think thats acceptable to everyone else...

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had to tie down a queen size mattress and box spring using polypropyline (sp) twine. Even with my small hands, passing string through the hole was difficult. I can't imagine what it would be like for someone with larger hands.

I'm thinking about making something like this out of cold rolled steel and having a friend powder coat them.

·
Registered
213 Posts
I highly recommend a set of ratchet straps - they usually have plastic or rubber-coated hooks that fit right into that slot. I use them all the time (big help since I can never remember how to tie anything other than a square knot!)

·
Registered
1,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The wratchet straps I have are to big. If a D-ring was available that could be put in place temporary, then I could use the ones I have.

If there was one thing I learned being in the Coast Guard was knot tying.

I've met quite a few people the go by the addage: If you don't know a knot, tie alot!

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've got two different sets, both of which have hooks that fit into that opening...I used to know how to tie a bolin (probably the most useful knot to know) but I can never get it right when I need it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts