Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since i'm getting a message that i haven't posted in over three weeks and i'm in the market for an air filter, what are some opinions/experiences? i'm just under 30,000 and at my 27k oil change they told me my filter was going to need replaced. i have used the K&N filters in the past but haven't noticed any improvement in MPG. what do you guys recommend for a 2006 3.7?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
For a replacement, I'd go with the K&N. Even if you gain nothing with performance (although you probably will, probably unnoticeable to YOU though), that million mile warranty sure is nice. No worries about having to buy new ones every several thousand miles, etc.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Go with a Napa or go high end with the Amsoil. A K&N will let it breathe better, but the tradeoff is more dirt getting into the engine. It's not worth it for the minimal performance / MPG increase with the drop in or even the FIPK.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm going to see if I can get the AFE II for the LX platform Chrysler / DOdges will fit in our Jeeps...........if so its the one I would use. Its the only one I've seen (mass produced) that actually made any difference on a HEMI.

FOr the magority of owners.......the stocker is just fine

·
Registered
237 Posts
I use K&N for several years. I may not experience increase in mpg though it doesn't give me headache at all.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts