Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2007 Commander with 77k and a daystar 2in lift that sees mostly city driving has become noticeably more bouncy when cornering. It would not be premature to replace the shocks and struts right?

I am thinking having my local shop put these Monroe Products in:
171377 L & R Quick Strut
and 911278 Reflex

The Quick Strut is a complete assembly, replacing the spring as well, is this good or bad? I'm clueless. Will these work with my Day star life?

Just looking for input or a thumbs up from you guys. Thanks!

·
Registered
147 Posts
I just put those on last weekend on my 2007. I put on a Rocky Road lift at the same time. So if the Daystar is a spacer lift like the RR they will work together.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Don't use the Monroe quick strut with your daystar lift. The Monroe quick strut is a preassembled strut and your daystar lift isn't a regular metal spacer that bolts on top of the assembly. The lift is installed into the strut assembly. I would go with a different strut and/or swap out that daystar lift up front for a better quality steel spacer lift. The daystar is known to sag really bad to the point it won't even look lifted. Do your self a favor and swap that out while your replacing your struts. You'll thank me later

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Don't use the Monroe quick strut with your daystar lift. The Monroe quick strut is a preassembled strut and your daystar lift isn't a regular metal spacer that bolts on top of the assembly. The lift is installed into the strut assembly. I would go with a different strut and/or swap out that daystar lift up front for a better quality steel spacer lift. The daystar is known to sag really bad to the point it won't even look lifted. Do your self a favor and swap that out while your replacing your struts. You'll thank me later
Good post.

To OP:
Look @ a rough country or RR lift and get bilstein 4600s.

If you have some basic tools replace the rears yourself. Waay easy.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
1,585 Posts

·
Registered
3,037 Posts
The Nitrogen Gas Charge in Gas Charged Struts is there to prevent the oil in the strut, doing the damping, from foaming and thus improves the struts performance.

Sure, the gas charge will create pressure in the strut/shock and cause it to extend, BUT the amount of pressure/force that it extends with isn't even close to what would serve as extra spring force to raise the vehicle higher.

If a strut/shock actually did raise a vehicle ride height, then it most likely was designed to do it, something like an air shock or load leveling shock, etc.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
The Nitrogen Gas Charge in Gas Charged Struts is there to prevent the oil in the strut, doing the damping, from foaming and thus improves the struts performance.

Sure, the gas charge will create pressure in the strut/shock and cause it to extend, BUT the amount of pressure/force that it extends with isn't even close to what would serve as extra spring force to raise the vehicle higher.

If a strut/shock actually did raise a vehicle ride height, then it most likely was designed to do it, something like an air shock or load leveling shock, etc.
True story.

Bilstein 5100s and pro comp prorunner shocks have adjustable raised spring perches which can provide some lift. "Monroe load levellers" have an additional spring mounted externally.

These are the only shocks that I am aware of that could possibly provide any lift.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts