Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are my options for shock replacement with Superlift installed? I've looked at a couple of vendors and neither have lifted Commander as option for choosing shocks.

·
Registered
480 Posts
You should be able to go with a stock replacement front strut; I'd recommend the Bilstein 4600s (PN: 24-186797) for the best all around performance and longevity.

In the rear, you'll need a longer shock than stock to accommodate the extra height and travel. The two options I know about are Monroe load levelling shocks for a Ford F-150 (PN: 58643) or custom Bilstein 5100s that JBA carries.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've purchased a few different ones that JBA offered and absolutely hated them. Either the shocks were not tuned with the superlift rear coil spring spring rate or what. The bilestein ones they offered made my rear end of the Jeep feel unstable at highway speeds. After lots of money spent I ended up going with the superlift ones. I felt they had the best ride. I have not tried the Monroe ones that were posted in a previous post. Which ever ones you do decide to go with please keep us posted.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I've purchased a few different ones that JBA offered and absolutely hated them. Either the shocks were not tuned with the superlift rear coil spring spring rate or what. The bilestein ones they offered made my rear end of the Jeep feel unstable at highway speeds. After lots of money spent I ended up going with the superlift ones. I felt they had the best ride. I have not tried the Monroe ones that were posted in a previous post. Which ever ones you do decide to go with please keep us posted.
I agree with this;

I'm having the 4 inch superlift installed this week along with new moog front lower control arms; should be done by Friday evening.

The 4 inch superlift comes with new longer rear shocks - I'm just going to use the rear shocks that superlift provides - I already have Bilstein B6 4600's in the front, so, should be good there.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I do have the rancho struts in the front. The bilistein ones only lasted a few years before the sprung a leak. I will say I am happy with the rancho struts so far.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
I do have the rancho struts in the front. The bilistein ones only lasted a few years before the sprung a leak. I will say I am happy with the rancho struts so far.
I've heard good things about the Ranchos from those who have them;

I was looking at your album, I like your set-up, nice work.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I've heard good things about the Ranchos from those have them;

I was looking at your album, I like your set-up, nice work.
Thanks. I've done a few additional things to the Jeep since I've posted items in my albums. Just never got around to updating pictures. I have a hidden winch setup now. Removed the factory fog lights and made custom brackets to mount my ridged industries dually d2 lights and wired them into the fog lights switch.

·
Super Moderator
5,766 Posts
Thanks. I've done a few additional things to the Jeep since I've posted items in my albums. Just never got around to updating pictures. I have a hidden winch setup now. Removed the factory fog lights and made custom brackets to mount my ridged industries dually d2 lights and wired them into the fog lights switch.
Sounds good......I'm waiting for the updated pics.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts