Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's looking like my radiator is leaking and I doubt it's repairable, or worth repairing. It's leaking from the left side, eliminating the radiator cap as the culprit, and the radiator hose is completely dry. I've traced the leak to the upper half of the radiator, so even if I just patch it, I'll have to pull it out anyway.

I've found a few threads with a little info, but no guides. I'll be making one, and given that I've got the Hemi with the hydraulic fan, it should be the most complex to replace, so the guide should be helpful to pretty much every engine.

I'll be replacing it next weekend, most likely. Before I start though, does anyone have any tips?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have replaced mine. I did it without having to disconnect the power steering tubes to the hydraulic fan, ps cooler or trans cooler. I used a write up from another forum. But I also ended up cutting the passenger side lower bracket on the old radiator in order for it to come out. With that being said, I also had to cut the same bracket to get the new one in. I did reattach it with some jb afterwards. The other 3 brackets alone hold it well, but reattached the cut one just because i felt better to have it back on. Everything is really tight, so use some old wire hangers or bail wire to pull stuff out of the way. I did bend some ac lines and bend them back with out anything breaking. Just go slow nd be careful with them.

Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts