Jeep Commander Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched around, can't find anything around to help me out.
I have an 06, just hit 109k miles... back in august it just crapped out. no spark, no fuel... naturally I assume Crankshaft/camshaft position sensor... Long story short I sent it off for work. get it back. new fuel pump, some new lines. and 4 or 5 days that ive been driving... the damn thing wont turn over.
I sent it back to the shop, tell them to fix it and figure it out because its the same problem.. they come back saying its a common problem. the "totally integrated power module" is faulty, but they are unavailable nation wide....
Anyone out there have this problem persist? my research is turning up dead ends on the part for my 06 4.7L

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
I searched around, can't find anything around to help me out.
I have an 06, just hit 109k miles... back in august it just crapped out. no spark, no fuel... naturally I assume Crankshaft/camshaft position sensor... Long story short I sent it off for work. get it back. new fuel pump, some new lines. and 4 or 5 days that ive been driving... the damn thing wont turn over.
I sent it back to the shop, tell them to fix it and figure it out because its the same problem.. they come back saying its a common problem. the "totally integrated power module" is faulty, but they are unavailable nation wide....
Anyone out there have this problem persist? my research is turning up dead ends on the part for my 06 4.7L
I have never heard of a "totally integrated power module".

Let me search around and see what I can come up with - if anything.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep, I was tracking that it is the fancy term for fuse box....
the strange thing about the XK, was that it is all circuitry, but yet they are faulty parts after a certain point. I was able to source some locally salvaged replacements here in the Springs.... the good part is I had the shop's top tech spiff mine up so it "Should hold up for a good while" and so far so good. Good thing is buying locally means I have the availability and affordability on my side should it fail eventually.

Thanks for the efforts. Always a happy feeling knowing this community is out their for each other.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
the strange thing about the XK, was that it is all circuitry, but yet they are faulty parts after a certain point. I was able to source some locally salvaged replacements here in the Springs.... the good part is I had the shop's top tech spiff mine up so it "Should hold up for a good while" and so far so good. Good thing is buying locally means I have the availability and affordability on my side should it fail eventually.

Thanks for the efforts. Always a happy feeling knowing this community is out their for each other.
Anytime @iscreamhedake.

·
Registered
103 Posts

Were you able to just plug n play or was there some programming involved?

·
Registered
2010 Jeep Commander 3.7L 4wd
3 Posts
The TIPM failing is a common issue on all chryslers from 2006 and up. Typically when they fail it kills the fuel pump relay. Chrysler used to sale a bypass kit, now they longer sale that. I'm because the TIPMs are so costly. You can't swap a used in because of how they are coded. You will need to buy a new one and then once it's installed have the dealer or a shop with WiTech to reset the vehicle configurations. There is often a fuse left loose for the ORS (occupant restraint system) you will get a code after performing the configuration, If so just press all the fuses down and you will find it and it snap in and the code will clear.

My shop replaces TIPMs once a month it seems like on Chryslers on all sorts. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
103 Posts
The TIPM failing is a common issue on all chryslers from 2006 and up. Typically when they fail it kills the fuel pump relay. Chrysler used to sale a bypass kit, now they longer sale that. I'm because the TIPMs are so costly. You can't swap a used in because of how they are coded. You will need to buy a new one and then once it's installed have the dealer or a shop with WiTech to reset the vehicle configurations. There is often a fuse left loose for the ORS (occupant restraint system) you will get a code after performing the configuration, If so just press all the fuses down and you will find it and it snap in and the code will clear.

My shop replaces TIPMs once a month it seems like on Chryslers on all sorts. Hope this helps.
Aren't there any after-market TIPM bypass kits sold on eBay for this very same problem? I've seen items but I wasn't sure if they were specific to our years of the jeep commander. I want to hear from others as well if that's so pertaining to used TIPM's of the very same year. I read somewhere that you could but I just wanted to double check. Thank you for your input though.

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
Aren't there any after-market TIPM bypass kits sold on eBay for this very same problem? I've seen items but I wasn't sure if they were specific to our years of the jeep commander. I want to hear from others as well if that's so pertaining to used TIPM's of the very same year. I read somewhere that you could but I just wanted to double check. Thank you for your input though.
@Hey12 ;

Here is a place I just found, that offers a 1 day turn around, to repair Jeep TIPM's;

"No Programming Required"

·
Registered
103 Posts
@Hey12 ;

Here is a place I just found, that offers a 1 day turn around, to repair Jeep TIPM's;

"No Programming Required"

I'm curious though if it has to be vehicle-specific or if one could simply grab from another and use being that they advertise, "No Programming Required" I can send the used one I found at the junkyard off and continue using the one in place until it gets back. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
7,665 Posts
I'm curious though if it has to be vehicle-specific or if one could simply grab from another and use being that they advertise, "No Programming Required" I can send the used one I found at the junkyard off and continue using the one in place until it gets back. Any ideas?
@Hey12; This is straight from from their website;

Please call or text if you have any questions.

"TEXT or CALL 800-547-2049"

I would call them & ask; It isn't costing you anything other than a little time.

This way your getting your information straight from the Horse's mouth.

·
Registered
103 Posts
@Hey12; This is straight from from their website;

"TEXT or CALL 800-547-2049"

I would call them & ask; It isn't costing you anything other than a little time.

This way your getting your information straight from the Horse's mouth.
thank you for this big blue

1 - 14 of 14 Posts