Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my RC 2" lift today and will be looking for new tires once I get it installed. I'm looking for 255/70/17 tires (specifically general grabber at2's) which seem to be a little less common than other tires. Does anybody have a recommendation for a dealer that seems to carry a wide variety of tires? This is actually my first time purchasing tires, so it may be that a lot of carriers have these, but I'm not sure. Where have people purchased these tires before? Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,405 Posts
Have you tried Discount Tire? They are a sponsor on this site and several members have purchased tires from them. I have. Can't specifically say on General Grabber AT2's.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Here's what I usually do. I go to tirerack.com to check the ratings and reviews on tires. You can also compare tires. I checked out the tires you're looking at and they have a very good rating. Then I order my tires from treadepot.com because that is the cheapest place that I have found.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the replies. i was considering getting them first-hand at a local dealer in order to avoid shipping costs. any ideas for that?

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
thanks for the replies. i was considering getting them first-hand at a local dealer in order to avoid shipping costs. any ideas for that?
On Treadepot.com and tirerack.com, you could put the tires on your shopping basket and then check shipping. Even with the shipping cost, it still came up cheaper for me to order them through the website.

·
Registered
392 Posts
MeatSoda -

If you have a Discount Tire or America's Tire in your area, I suggest checking in with them. They can typically match on-line delivered prices (unit price + freight) if you can find them cheaper and they can offer you a higher level of customer service than anyone can online. Also, tires purchased through our local stores come standard with pro-rated road hazard protection.

If you don't have one of our local stores nearby we can mail order the tires to you. We currently do not stock the General Grabber AT2 but we can certainly special order them in for you. As always, we guarantee the lowest delivered price on all the products we sell. If a competitor has a cheaper delivered price, we'll beat it.

Let us know if we can help. We would love to earn your business.

-Matt

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks DT. Just finalized a sale with a local tire guy. Very nice and easy to work with. Cheapest price I could find (including Discount Tire).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts