Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I posted in the tires thread also. Thought general may be better spot. As I guess most know the standard size for 06 is 245/65/17
I need to spend money on good snows in Canada! So I’m trying to find someone who has good used, maybe an upsize? The factory size isn’t common and I can’t find any. Mechanic has said 265/65/17 will have clearance. Has anyone used these size before? It’s not lifted. She’s like her momma. Fine AF AS IS! 😉

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh I should’ve added. I’m looking for all terrain for summer. I don’t off-road but I do have dirt roads here.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey CJC, I have a 2" RC lift and 1.5" spacers and put on Kuhmo AT51 255/70/17s... Good price and I have been happy overall. I'm in Winnipeg - no stranger to harsh winter weather 😱 -- and these are awesome in the snow. Prolly the best all season tire I've owned for winter traction. There is a sticky thread somewhere on here listing the tire sizes you can go with if your Commander is stock.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think I read the correct thread all night long!! A few said 265/75. I used to never change my tires with my 97 grand Cherokee all time 4x4 I had one set all year. Mud/snows. The last few years ice has been a problem here. This was my pathfinder in January and it was 5 speed. I just couldn’t pull out of the spin! Then I hunted for another commander. This girl needs a bath badly! It’s been spa week for her

·
Registered
23 Posts
Nasty spill on the Pathfinder... Stock tire size is 245/65/17... I think there there's some debate on how much bigger you can go without rubbing on stock... I use the Kuhmos all year.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts