Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to weed through all of the lift/tire threads to see which tires will be best for me. I just had a 2" lift installed last week and i'm looking for a little taller tires. From what i've read if I get the 255/70 I will need wheel spacers to keep from scrubbing, is that correct? I would rather just get the 245/70s if I have to get spacers. Are my assumptions correct? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Goodyear Wrangle Silent Armors in size 255/70/17s will not require the wheel spacers. I ran this setup for a little while before adding wheel spacers and then just going to an offset rim.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
I have 255/70R17 Bridgestone Dueler REVO's with NO wheels spacers and NO rubbing.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does anybody have any experiences with 245/70/R17's

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
If you could run 255/70s with no problems, 245/70s will not be a problem..

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Depending on the tire brand you can fit 245/70R17's on a stock commander. So with your XK being lifted, youll have no problems fitting that size.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ended up going with the 245/70/r17's. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not yet, I will try to get a pic up soon

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So far so good, with the 2" lift and the taller tires I can definitely tell a big height difference. I can actually use my running boards now. I will try to get a few pictures up soon.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry a/b the pic quality

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tires

I have a stock 2007 4.7 commander 4x4. I just bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour 265/65/17 because I got a wicked deal. Do I need a 2' lift now or will these tires fit on the stock jeep.

Thanks
SD

·
Premium Member
12,559 Posts
I have a stock 2007 4.7 commander 4x4. I just bought a set of Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armour 265/65/17 because I got a wicked deal. Do I need a 2' lift now or will these tires fit on the stock jeep.

Thanks
SD
Moved your question over here, use search feature prior to starting new threads and you will find that there are threads for most basic questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts