Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
87 Posts
Are you getting a "SERVICE TPMS SYSTEM" in the EVIC display or are you getting a "PERFORM SERVICE" message? If it's the first message, you'll need a programmer (Diablosport, Superchips, etc) if it's the second, you just need to change your oil...;)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Havent checked the spare no. All four are at 40psi. Will check the spare tomorrow if it stops raining. We are supposed to get 100mm of rain tonight and tomorrow.

Rick Im positive it says service tps system.

What happened to common sense?? I mean why do we need to rely on a computer to tell us to check our tire pressure? The world is getting dumber by the day.:|

·
Super Moderator
15,103 Posts
Is there any way to turn off the system?? It always says service the system on my dash.
Do you have the system that shows how much pressure is in each individual tire?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Affirmative......and even though they were all topped up to the same PSI the computer tells me they are all different.

Its more of an annoyance than it is to spend the money to do the repair. Like I said I can check my tire psi the old fashioned way. i really dont feel like spending the money IF I dont have to. Although my buddy does have a tire machine......

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
What year Commander? Have the TPMS sensors ever been replaced? They have about a 10 year battery in them. Replacement of the wheel sensors is about $50 each here in the US, and most tire dealers can change them. Spare tire low would be first thing to check. No way to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
If a sensor goes bad, the TPMS will show one as missing. but it only shows the four on the car, the spare can still be low.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I am certain that in the manual of my 07 is tells you that you can remove the sensors and the car will 'learn' that there is no reading and stop flashing the warning. You can still look up the tyre pressure, but it will only show '--'.

There might be some sort of procedure to it, but don't have the manual with me at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am certain that in the manual of my 07 is tells you that you can remove the sensors and the car will 'learn' that there is no reading and stop flashing the warning. You can still look up the tyre pressure, but it will only show '--'.

There might be some sort of procedure to it, but don't have the manual with me at the moment.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would be interested to know if this is possible. I did not recieve a manual with the purchase of my jeep. I am going to try and print one off today from PDF. It says 400 pages lol

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
I would be interested to know if this is possible. I did not recieve a manual with the purchase of my jeep. I am going to try and print one off today from PDF. It says 400 pages lol
Or, you could just order one from the website URL below

Dodge - Contact Us

You can also order the factory build sheet for your XK if you don't have one.

To get the factory build sheet for your Commander click on "Your Vehicle" click on "Equipment Listing" and then enter your VIN number in the box that says "VIN" and hit "Search". The factory build sheet will list all of the factory options & optional preferred equipment packages that your vehicle had installed from the factory when it was built.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Along the same note, if I bought a different set of rims and use them without the OEM TPMS Sensors, will there be a "Warning" Message on my dash all the time... Keeping the TPMS on my Winter setup.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Along the same note, if I bought a different set of rims and use them without the OEM TPMS Sensors, will there be a "Warning" Message on my dash all the time... Keeping the TPMS on my Winter setup.
That's what I did.

All I have is the little amber circular light that just stays lit

I don't get any warning messages, maybe that's a feature that only the Limited's & Overland's have.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Hah... thats bull****. Mine has been on for over a year. Apparently no way to deactivate a 2010 v6.

You can use some tuners to deactivate any of the v8's, but hypertech tuner wont do it, and that is the only one that works on the 3.7L AFAIK.

·
Super Moderator
5,881 Posts
Hah... thats bull****. Mine has been on for over a year. Apparently no way to deactivate a 2010 v6.

You can use some tuners to deactivate any of the v8's, but hypertech tuner wont do it, and that is the only one that works on the 3.7L AFAIK.
LOL, I was thinking the same thing lucky because I can't shut them off on my 4.7L either the and Superchips F5 (3874) Flashpaq does NOT deactivate the TPM sensors either and it does not allow you to change ANY settings related to the TPM sensors at all.

You can read about my research on the TPM Sensors with the Superchips F5 (3874) Flashpaq Tuner here and see how I found out it does nothing related to the TPM sensors;

http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/49-programmers-engine-mods/30697-tuner-programmer-suggestions-3.html

1 - 17 of 17 Posts