Jeep Commander Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 2010 Commander since August and put about 10K on it. About a month ago I took it to the dealer for oil change, tire rotation service. They checked that the air pressure was correct when rotating. Shortly after that when the temperature went to the high 30's low 40's my pressure light came on. The dealer said it was probably becaise of the low temps. They said check the pressure add or subtract to get it correct and the light should go out after driving 10-20 miles. I made sure all tires were correct pressure, drove the mileage and the light went off. About a month later it got pretty cold again and the the light came back on. It's still on. The tempature has been warm here in NC for the last week. I drove over a few hundred miles and the light is still on. Is this going to happen every time the tempature gets cold? It's kind of annoying. I am due for another oil change and rotation at the dealer. Maybe the light will go out after they set the pressure again. Anybody else have this problem? Any thoughts or tips? Thanks, Joe

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Do you have the option where it shows the reading of each tire individually on the dash? or do you just get the TPMS light on the dashboard? When you checked the air pressure of all four tires were they all the same within +/- 1 psi??

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
Don't forget the spair tire is checked also.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do you have the option where it shows the reading of each tire individually on the dash? or do you just get the TPMS light on the dashboard? When you checked the air pressure of all four tires were they all the same within +/- 1 psi??
Not sure, I just see the yellow tire with the "!" above it.The first time this happened I checked all 4 and brought the air to the proper amount and the light went out after driving 10-20 miles. I have not checked them this time. They all have to be within +/- 1psi? they sure don't give you much room.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
Not sure, I just see the yellow tire with the "!" above it.The first time this happened I checked all 4 and brought the air to the proper amount and the light went out after driving 10-20 miles. I have not checked them this time. They all have to be within +/- 1psi? they sure don't give you much room.
No. The reason I asked was to see if one of your tires was leaking air. If on tire was severals pounds lower then the other that could be the cause of the problem. But if they were all around the same psi +/- 1 psi then that's not the issue

·
Premium Member
674 Posts
I have to lower and check the spare too? What a pain in the A$$. Who designed that?
The spare should be mounted with the valve side down, just slide under the back end and check/fill.

·
Premium Member
6,309 Posts
If he has a base model commander (which it sounds like he does if he only gets the TPMS light on the dash) the spare tire doesn't matter. I rand without a spare under my jeep for years and it never made the light come on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts